[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726372059239658.jpg (13 KB, 250x210)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I will read him to get motivated and overcome delression. Can he help?
>>
>>23816888
Probably
Doing anything purposefully at all like that can help
>>
>>23816888
Yes it will make you feel smart and smug
>>
I don't think Hume is going to help with your depression, try something else
>>
>>23816937
Based
>>23817733
What should I read then?
>>
>>23816888
Delwhat?

>>23818332
I would recommend someone like Dietrich Von Hildebrand
>>
>>23818338
'depression', it was a typo, sorry anon
>Dietrich Von Hildebrand
I will check him out anon, never heard lf hun
>>
File: 1723218671419.gif (2.71 MB, 498x494)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB GIF
He'll hume-r you, for sure
>>
>>23816888
I have read a number of testimonials over the years that would seemingly indicate he does tend to have that effect on some people. I will presume you are serious about this inquiry, so I will go ahead and say that Hume had a system for how he understood human emotions, if you are familiar enough with some of his predecessors you may recognize the parts he borrowed from them, but there is no preliminary reading that needs to be done in order to grasp his derivations. He posits that there are sense data and ideas, and there are qualifiers for some of the emotions he describes. There are also direct and indirect factors, but without getting too far into it he derived his most famous quote from the sort of feedback loop each of us has going on. Hume could very well help you in all candor. You can also self-guillotine if you have the self-discipline.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.