[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0219.jpg (85 KB, 640x640)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Any book that describes the sociological aspects of religious sectarianism? Prefer nonfiction but fiction is okay too
>>
Tell me about the christian churches and debt forgiveness.
>>
>>23818101

Protestants won. Catholics came second. Orthodogs third.
It's literally undeniable, by any metric that you can choose.
Protties are richer and more developed. Militarily stronger and in control of the world.
>>
>>23818112

tell me who has the most debts?
>>
>>23818112
That’s great but can I get some recommendations? I was reading Christopher Dawson’s “Dynamics Of World History” and on chapter 8 “Cultural Polarity And Religious Schism” he talks about this concept in great detail and depth. I’d like a book version of this chapter.
>>
>>23818101
Caillois, Essay on the Spirit of Sects
>>
>>23818146
Can’t find it
>>
>>23818114

I don't believe that religion shapes cultures but rather that religion is the expression of different cultures.
Hence why North Western Europe turned Protestant and Latin Europe remained Catholic.
>>
>>23818197
tell me about the debt
>>
>>23818197
>North Western Europe
Might as well just say "Germanic". Since France and Ireland remained Catholic.
>>
>>23818264
>France remained Catholic
doubt.jpeg
>>
>>23818269
It's the dominant form of Christianity in France, at least. Imagine how beautiful and wholesome France could have been if it hadn't murdered all of its Protestants in a bloody Catholic rage. Instead we have the decadent, dirty France of today.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.