[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 52.png (137 KB, 760x601)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
Do you know any books about schizofrenia, catatonia, autism?
real or fiction.
I'm especially interested in mute characters frozen in weird postures or repeating movements without a goal
threads soundtrack radiohead kid A - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nZquM-iYg8ppQxrwe-KpcxH3FfcrL8smI&feature=shared
>>
>>23818390
When I did a nursing internship in a rural hospital, I met this one old man, Mr. Agena. Mr. Agena had a terrific combination of diagnosis: dementia & schizophrenia. He couldn't even do the most basic tasks on his own. When I asked him to brush his teeth, he didn't know what to do. I could give him his tooth brush, he would smile at me, utter a "well then" and put the tooth brush back on the sink. He was always in a calm, serene mood and I enjoyed spending time with him. He always reminded me of an old Van Gogh somehow.
One time, when his bed neighbor acted "like a pig" (that would have my description of this kind of behavior back then) I asked Mr. Agena what one should think about it with a gloating grin on my face. He replied in his calm and collected demeanor: "I don't know the circumstances" and it hit me like a rook what a judgmental person I was.
On top of Mr Agena diagnoses, he also was catatonic. It is an impressive symptom. One time, I got close to him while he was frozen and looked into his eyes. And what I could see in his eyes, was a deep affection for his surroundings, the world and everything. As if he was thinking: it is all so wonderful, I must not move, or I could break it.
>>
>>23818473
>One time, I got close to him while he was frozen and looked into his eyes. And what I could see in his eyes, was a deep affection for his surroundings, the world and everything. As if he was thinking: it is all so wonderful, I must not move, or I could break it.
this is it. the human statues. Satisfaction in stillness.
>>
File: buhda.jpg (286 KB, 800x1181)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>23818484
>this is it. the human statues. Satisfaction in stillness.
Of course, idiot.
>>
>>23818512
rude
>>
>>23818516
sorry
>>
>>23818542
I forgive you
>>
>>23818557
thanks
>>
So, any books?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.