[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

And I think I can do it.
I'm not well-read by any means. I started reading a few years ago.
I've been thinking so much about it that I'm considering renting a place so I can be alone with my thoughts and books. I'd read way more and practice way more. So by the age of 40, less than 20 years from now, I'd be smart enough to write a good book.

Anyone else thinking of becoming a writer here?
>>
>>23818769
who painted this, i want to fuck her
>>
>>23818769
Become a writer today or never.
Also the woman in the pic is kinda sexy.
>>
>>23818796
Young people can't write good books.
>>
>>23818800
holy shit i've had this mindset forever and thanks to you I now realize how fucking retarded this reads.
>>
>>23818769
Yeah I’m basically you with the same thoughts on the matter for a few years. I don’t mind failing as long as I give it a good and honest shot. I don’t care about maximising my economic potential or starting a family and I don’t have anything better to do any way.
>>
>>23818800
If you don't want to write you don't have to. If you start today you'll at least know whether you like it or not. Also the whole I am too old/young idea you have is deranged at best and psychotic at worst.
>>
>>23818769
The world is full of people who "want to be a writer," but don't actually have anything to write about, much less the ability to write about it competently.
At least you're circumspect enough to wait until you've read more widely. This may cure you of your ambition. If you read the right authors, you'll realise you'll never hold a candle to them, and will do something more worthwhile with your life.
>>
>>23818960
>If you read the right authors, you'll realise you'll never hold a candle to them, and will do something more worthwhile with your life
projection
>>
>>23818818
>the whole I am too old/young idea you have is deranged at best and psychotic at worst
Young people typically have no life experience worth a damn, and haven't read well enough to become writers.
Take OP's advice and wait 20 years. Then forget the whole idea.
>>
>>23818974
No, just experience. Maybe you'll get there eventually.
Also, you should learn to capitalise if you want to act superior around here.
>>
Here is William Gaddis about why you are a moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb7FJoiPuBk
>>
>>23818979
There's a lot of popular writers who don't hold a candle to classic authors. You think Stephen King is even on the same planet of talent as someone as rudimentary as Ann Radcliffe?
>>
>>23818979
just because you're old doesn't mean you're smart
pretending like you know anything about me or how talented I am on an anonymous forum is a form of self-soothing and projection
at least if you were young it would be less pathetic
>>
>>23819062
>popular writers
You said it yourself. These are people who write for money. OP gives the impression he wants to be a "literary" author, hence his intention to read more before writing.
>>23819078
>just because you're old doesn't mean you're smart
But it does mean you're smarter than when you were young, unless you're a drooling retard incapable of learning.
>pretending like you know anything about me or how talented I am ...
There is no pretence involved. Everything you have written here confirms you as a talentless retard. This is glaringly obvious to any practiced reader. You can't capitalise, advance an argument, or even construct a sentence. Begone, pleb.
>>
>>23819109
>But it does mean you're smarter than when you were young
kek imagine believing this
>You can't capitalise
just not gonna do it, keep projecting about your failed dreams thoughbeit
>>
>>23819078
another young'n here, anon
they might be dicks, but they are not wrong. if you're thinking in the terms of "I want to be a writer", you either write, and then you are one, or you get over yourself, and usually that takes some time. maybe when you get over yourself, you'll still want to write, and then you will, or at least you'll ask different questions.
if you really want to write, do it. if you don't want to write, don't. "being a writer" isn't an indication of skill, talent, intellect, or anything but the willingness to write.
but talking about "wanting to be a writer" is an indication of immaturity, even if you do write well
>>
>>23819121
Thanks for confirming everything I said about you, dumbfuck. Keep on losing!
>>
>>23819130
>t. already lost but definitely not sour grapes
>>
File: projecting.png (209 KB, 300x498)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>23819135
LMAO
>>
>>23819154
>>23818960
>>
>>23819159
no u
>>
>>23819162
>trooncase
Pseud.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.