[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: basedmask.png (542 KB, 830x1236)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>when video game philosophy is more profound than Marx's
but for real, I have never read anything more profound than this.
>>
>>23819699
I have made the same mistake, friend.
>>
I'm afraid the counter to this is the argumentum ad cringium
>>
File: hegel demon.png (799 KB, 824x1024)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>23819699
This is just Hegel's master/slave dialectic, which was further interpreted by Marx, Nietzsche, and Sartre. The video game didn't come up with this.
>I have never read anything more profound than this
Evidently. Read more.
>>
>>23819714
how?
The idea that the vast majority of people fear the death of their "master" more than their own deaths. All the heroes who sacrificed their lives for "the greater good" were nothing more than slaves.
"If you dies, your society/country/kingdom/family will go on. If they cease to exist, you are nothing."
It's simple but so profound.
>>
>>23819730
no it's not you illiterate. Hegel said nothing of such nature. He said nothing of death.
>>
>>23819699
When election summer is over and the underage Evola and culture war fags get replaced by NEETfag gamers and cartoon anus gooners. I think it's still an improvement.
>>
>>23819731
no, you screenshotted and scrolled down and the search bar is in the middle of the screen
>>
>>23819737
The relation of both self-consciousnesses is thus determined in such a way that it is through a life
and death struggle that each proves its worth to itself, and that both prove their worth to each other. They must engage in this struggle, for each
must elevate its self-certainty of existing for itself to truth, both in the other and in itself. And it is solely by staking one’s life that freedom is proven to be the essence, namely, that as a result the essence for self-consciousness is proven to be not being, not the immediate way self-consciousness emerges, not its being absorbed within the expanse of life – but rather, it is that there is nothing present in it itself which could not be a vanishing moment for it, that self-consciousness is only pure being-for-itself . The individual who has not risked his life may admittedly be recognized as a person, but he has not achieved the truth of being recognized as a self-sufficient self-consciousness. As each risks his own life, each must likewise aim at the death of the other, for that other no longer counts to him as himself. To himself, his essence exhibits itself as that of an other; he is external to himself, and he must sublate that being-external-to-himself. The other is a diversely entangled and existing consciousness; he must intuit his otherness as pure being-for-itself, or as absolute negation.
>>
>>23819832
wrong.
The OP clearly proved that unless you killed your master, your death means nothing. Your death does not free you as long as you have a master.
>>
>>23819737
He literally talks about death in the master/slave passage, wtf are you saying
>>
>>23819699
but this is marx doe
>>
>>23821241
no he said the master and the slave equally needs each other. That is false. There is no dichotomy And with that he has proved himself to be a chud.
>Essentially, the slave recognizes that there is no fundamental difference between himself and the master – they both are finite individuals.
lol
lmao even
>>
>>23819699
>this is from genshin impact
nice bait thread here's a (you)
>>
>>23819737
You've easily made the top 10 /lit/ oofs of all time
>>
>>23819737
whatever u say chrog
>>
>>23821214
You seem confused about what is being said in that passage.
>>
>>23819699
>>
>>23821322
>genshin impact disproves marxism
>a majority of genshin impact enjoyers are marxist morons
>this will go over their heads and/or they’ll be convinced the message here is ‘capitalism bad, ackshually’
Bait or not there’s a solid point here
>>
>"I need to be free!!!"
>Embraces slavery to their appetites, passions, instinct, and circumstance.
>Acts from ignorance.
>>
>>23822346
This. IDK how anyone takes Christianity seriously.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.