[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>winner of booker prize
Why do these books suck?
>>
If you read the entire longlist of the 2019 booker prize you are surely in a better position than any of us to give an answer
>>
>>23820426
I no longer play any vidya published before 2012 and read books written before 1945
>>
>>23820438
>before
Stupid stupid anon
>>
File: 1692914646128617.webm (2.84 MB, 1920x1080)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>>23820433
Jannies will ban a man for 1 week for daring to make a innocent in nature and humble in spirit "are VNs lit?" thread yet they allow christchuds to do this type of shit...
Board has fallen
>>
>>23820495
Visual novels occupy a unique space that blurs the lines between video games and literature. They combine narrative elements, often rich and complex, similar to those found in traditional literature, with interactive gameplay mechanics typical of video games.

In a visual novel, players typically engage with the story through choices that influence the narrative's direction and outcome, making the experience interactive. This interactivity distinguishes visual novels from traditional literature, where readers passively consume the text without influencing its flow.

Ultimately, whether visual novels are considered video games or literature can depend on individual perspective. Some may view them primarily as a form of interactive storytelling, akin to a game, while others may appreciate the narrative depth and character development often associated with literary works. Many enthusiasts embrace them as a hybrid medium that encompasses elements of both.
>>
>>23820475
He's not wrong. You can get sentimental about Goldeneye or something but they don't hold up.
>>
>>23820504
Chatgpt posters
>>
VS Naipaul won the Prize in 1971 for ‘In A Free State’. Much better than any of the recent winners.
>>
>>23820426
Women. Also Ducks, Newburyport is the only good book in the stack from what I've heard, it's like a modern stream of consciousness.
>>
Women, brownoids and Irish
The west has fallen
>>
>>23820426
I haven’t read quichotte but what I’ve read of salman Rushdie is pretty good. I wouldn’t dismiss these books without reading them.
>>
>>23820951
Having strong opinion about books without reading them is the very essence of our beloved board, lurk moar
>>
>>23820951
No one has time to read
>>
>>23820426
The purpose of all prizes is to glorify the benefactors. They demand that the winner is the most fashionable and eyecatching, not the best.
Remember, it's not just the Booker Prize, but the MAN Booker Prize.
>>
File: girls_laughing.png (490 KB, 449x401)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
>>23820504
>Visual novels
>>
>>23820794
night boat to tangier was great

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.