[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1661898032623175.jpg (25 KB, 275x274)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
How do in general padding works in adventure stories?

So far, I've had to relly on travel from town to town B where I get some item to unlock an event in another town that will let me continue the main journey.

But I am afraid that feels formulaic.
Even thought I think is cool to start designing more and more minor characters that appear in the story as npc to fill the world.

Is this a correct approach?
>>
>>23820660
Major thread interwoven with minor plots.
>>
>>23820660
You're approaching this like you're writing a video game
>>
>>23820671
I want to write a jrpg plot.
>>
>>23820676
Then don't ask /lit/ ask /v/
>>
>>23820660
prophetic dream, search for a lost parent, somebody gets kidnapped
just mix cliches, the possibilities are endless
>>
>>23820676
Just play the classics and rip off the best elements
>>
>adventure stories
>padding
Anon, I....
>>
>>23820664
fippy bippy
>>
>>23820660
Why are you writing padding at all? Avoid it at all costs. Just cut to the important scenes and skip all the filler.
>>
>an anime fag is writing a routine adventure story
Wow, who else is hyped?
>>
>>23820660
Sounds like you're writing fetch quests. Those are the worst part of jrpgs that everyone hates. Why are you doing this anon? Write more of the good parts that everyone likes.
>>
>>23821072
Me

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.