[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726683777014.jpg (267 KB, 1396x674)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
What does this mean?
>>
>>23821497
It means that "overcoming" depressing literature, whatever that means, will first start with taking them at face value, before you then "read" them (whether literally or just remembering what you read) again and this time dismantle them so as to give them no power over you. It's very silly a notion if you ask me. Its better to entertain the idea that maybe someone who writes a great book, even if that book is intensely pessimistic, has something of value to say and that the filfth — or "noxious power"—is part of growing up.
>>
>>23821497
Cioran is a pseud
>>
How about I just don't read shitty books . I don't need to affirm or deny every concept that some asshole tries to convince me of

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.