[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What are some books with proofs for objective beauty in the arts? Preferably strong proofs by contradiction, not just appeals to a common sense of beauty. Any authors that have written lucidly on this topic?
And tangentially related, is there any /lit/erature by more right-wing (for lack of a better word) artists laying out a philosophy for creating arts in the modern world? You see a lot of left-wing /lit/erature on this topic and it seems the other thinkers have surrendered the arts completely.
>>
Before Kant many philosophers had aesthetic theories that held beauty to be objective.
>another right-winger
Shouldn’t you know some of these then? I just can’t help but think you’re asking in bad faith.
>>
>>23822003
>aesthetic theories that held beauty to be objective.
>Preferably strong proofs by contradiction, not just appeals to a common sense of beauty.
Can you explain?
>another right-winger
I don't align myself to a wing but those people would ostensibly have the closest views to art that I'm looking for, I have looked at Mishima and Evola before but those are "cringe", if I may use the word, and they don't provide ultimate proofs for their assertions. For them it's all relativistic in the end.
>>
>>23822016
>aesthetic theories that held beauty to be objective.
>Preferably strong proofs by contradiction, not just appeals to a common sense of beauty.
So what do you want an analytic philosopher who argues beauty is objective? Analytic philosophers hardly ever do aesthetics, and not even Scruton argues like the way you want.
>is there any /lit/erature by more right-wing (for lack of a better word) artists laying out a philosophy for creating arts in the modern world?
Couldn’t you just read Walter Benjamin, and reverse engineer his ideas about the “aura” of art to get that?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.