[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Fidel.jpg (78 KB, 606x900)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Gabriel García Márquez, a close friend of the Comandante, wrote: “Perhaps the aspect of Fidel Castro’s personality that does not fit the image created by his adversaries is that of being a voracious reader. No one can explain how he finds time for reading, or what method he uses to read so much, so quickly, although he insists that he has none in particular. In his cars, beginning with the prehistoric Oldsmobile and the successive Soviet Zil models to the current Mercedes, there has always been a light so he can read at night. Many times, he has taken a book with him in the early morning and the next morning he’s commenting on it.”

>I suffer when I review a list of titles of all kinds and regret not having my whole life to read and study.

The Americans will never get me to hate this guy
>>
It's probably just propaganda. Wasn't 100 yrs of solitude paid for by the gov't? Marquez is a good writer though
>>
>>23822127
I think it's pretty accepted that Fidel was a bit of an intellectual and big reader.

You can find his correspondences during his time in prison. In his letters, virtually all he does is talk about what he was reading, and what books should be sent to him. He mentions reading 10-12 hours a day and later he talks about prison being the happiest time because all he did was read and write. He proposes to Naty Revuelta that they should read the same books at the same time and then comment on them.

Later, in the Sierra Maestra when he was leading the revolution, once he had stabilized his base in the mountains, he wasn't very active in coordinating attacks but preferred organizing minor things like ensuring food supplies, and beyond that was content to spend his time reading and giving speeches to his men and the peasants in the country. Some even got upset that they weren't more aggresive and noted Fidel seemed happy as long as he had cigars, a hammock and his books.

He even mentioned that if he could live another life, he would be a writer.
>>
>>23822151
That's pretty cool. I don't actually know anything about Castro I was just shitposting, thanks for the history lesson anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.