[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1319.jpg (6 KB, 178x150)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Nietzscheans and the like go back to Homer as the perfect example of master morality but are they wrong? King Priam literally kisses the hand of the man who murdered his son and the entire poem is more of a deconstruction of the heroic ideal. If anything, is Homer proto-Christcuck shit?
>>
>>23822577
>perfect example of master morality

You're thinking of Jesus Christ
>>
>>23822587
Generally, people like BAP bring up the Heroic heroes such as Achilleus even though the entire point of Homer was that their narcissism and selfishness is what led them into trouble in the first place.
>>
>>23822587
I've only read Thus Spake, but it was pretty apparent he chose to write in a biblical style
>>
>>23822591
I'm never going on Twitter and I'm never learning who "BAP" is.
>>
>>23822577
>the entire poem is more of a deconstruction of the heroic ideal
it's very strange to me that more people don't realise this
the entire iliad is like a turning point going from worshipping the hero to questioning the hero
>>
>>23822599
I was really struck by the imagery of Priam kissing the murderer’s hand. That is some Christcuck shit.
>>
>>23822577
>Nietzscheans and the like go back to Homer as the perfect example of master morality
I've never seen this. Nietzsche himself first came in contact with ancient master morality through Theognis, another Greek poet. He also strongly admired Thucydides. Homer, not so much.
>>
>>23822577
The thinking man's Homer interpretation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.