[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sim.jpg (15 KB, 305x475)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Who/What do I need to read before this to understand it?
>>
>>23822918
Carle E (1969) _TVHC_ World Publishing.
>>
A higher IQ than you possess
>>
>>23822931
That's not what I asked.
>>
>>23822918
McLuhan and Barthes
>>
>>23822934
Sorry I'm stupid and mean, plus I don't pay much attention
>>
>>23822918
Plato and Marx to understand the key philosophical problems that he engages with and De Sassure and Barthes to understand why he engages with them the way he does. But honestly, Baudrillard is perhaps the only 70s/80s critical franchie you can read his own work and get everything out of it that it has to offer. He's complex and unapologetically challenging but also very creative and singular. Unlike Foucualt, Derrida or Deleuze you don't to also be keyed in on Kant, Hegel, Heidegger etc to fully appreciate his contribution
>>
>>23822918
You just need to know that the map is not the territory, then note that this implies all maps are just reflections of other maps. Then you ask who are the main map-makers that we can comprehend.
You will then have two paths, one is Marxist, one is spiritual. You'll either identify the unknown other, who posits the map you perceive as territory, as big media/intelligence, or you'll identify it with non-physical entities battling to determine your soul.
Third alternate route: deism. The entities that create your reality aren't supernatural, but they're aliens who use all of humanity as a chessboard.
The matrix was based on this movie, if you don't think you can handle the book, and you probably can't if you're asking people here instead of just doing it,you should meditate on that movie.
>>
You need to watch reality TV from the 70s, visit Disneyworld, and read Ballard's Crash.
>>
>>23823049
>and read Ballard's Crash.
You forgot about masturbating.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.