[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726418689921898.jpg (518 KB, 782x888)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
ITT: we post prompts, in the form of an image and/or text, then other anons write whatever they want based on those prompts.
>>
>>23823039
"oh rook, a biggu fatto pijan" the gook boy thought to himself.
"kawaii"
>>
Here, have my favorite painting. Die Dunklen Götter by Max Ernst
>>
>>23823146
You’re a stale, modern, socialmedite loser
>>
File: 1725458806662362.jpg (599 KB, 2430x3600)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
She is ...
>>
>>23823480
No u
>>
>>23823121
You're a poet, anon.
>>
File: 1449521886280.png (1.74 MB, 878x1280)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>23823039
I oversleep and mom tells me she'll drop me off on her way to work. Going out the door I remember my lunchbag and run back. In the lot behind our apartment, in mom's parking spot, in front of me now by a metre or so, is a pigeon with mom's head poking out from under its wing and saying
>Atsushi-kun, hurry up, please!
which, as I get in under the other wing, mom says
>It's new
>A new "coop" model
and she laughs
>Sorry it's so cramped, Atsushi-kun
as she turns a key and the inside lights up and I feel it rise onto its legs, which I can't see. Mom pulls a cord hanging from the feathery ceiling and we start forward. There's a ruffle of feathers over the sound of claws on concrete that quicken as she tugs the cord again.
>Why don't we fly, mom?
I say.
Mom laughs
>Don't be silly, Atsushi-kun
and lets me out at my school where the windows all shine like mirrors in the mid-morning sun and I still hear cicadas. The schoolgrounds smell like dust. I look back and the pigeon looks at me too, not moving its head but swivelling its eyes, which are brown and maybe as big as my head. It blinks.
>Have a good day, Atsushi-kun!
>I love you
It turns ahead.
>Love you too, momma
It runs off, towards my mom's work, bobbing at pace next to the cars.

In the classroom Onizuka-sensei says I'm late and gives me a worksheet. At my desk, Kokoro turns to me and he says
>I like your mom's new car
while everyone else is heads-down at their desks working on the practice problems, while I hear cicadas through an open window.
>Thanks

I take the train home. The pigeon is parked outside. When I oversleep mom takes me to school on her way to work. The day I turn seventeen in September five years after mom first brought me to school in the pigeon, I oversleep and step outside to a yellow Honda Civic in my mom's parking spot
>The old one was much too small, wasn't it?
>Before you move out I can take you for a road trip in this
>And when you move we can carry all your things
mom smiles. I get in the car. As mom drives forward a grey feather on a string swings from the rearview mirror.
>I'll still miss the old one, momma
But that's okay.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.