[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don't read books written by authors whose net worth amounted to less than 1 billion dollars at current US prices. If you couldn't make it in the market you have nothing to teach me about life
>>
>>23823239
What does that have to do with me?
>>
>>23823239
Dangerously based.
I'm not there yet. Currently I avoid authors who have bad physiognomy.
>>
File: IMG_7543.jpg (83 KB, 582x742)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>23823239
The market is random THO
>>
Let me guess, indian?
>>
>>23823250
The market is random if you're a good goy with no street smarts.
t. good goy with no street smarts
>>
>>23823239
The market and democracy selects for the lowest common denominator, mediocrity and boot licking.
>>
>>23823292
cope
>>
>>23823308
no u
>>
>>23823314
your excuses are mediocre
>>
Peter thiel, i think is the only author in your category than warrants a mention. His 2004, the straussian moment essay was especially insightful and extremely forward. I suggest you read it or find a youtube video about it. I don't believe I have ever seen it discussed on lit. He is a chess prodigy and a philosophy graduate btw.
>>
>>23823239
You are not a reader, merely a consoomer.
>>
>>23823239
>Somehow J.K Rowling knows more about life than Plato
Grim... Get a move on wagie, you're never becoming a superbillionaire big shot with this enslaved mindset
>>
Andrew Lloyd Webber is a billionaire, based mainly on stage shows and owning the theatre said shows are performed in so he gets more of the take.
If we scale up Shakespeare's earnings from 40 plays over 20 or so years, add in his investments in property and wool in Stratford, add the publishing and performing rights to the plays for the subsequent 100 years, adjust for 400 years of inflation, we might just get there.
>>
I join the inner circle
>>
>>23823239
Uh so Rowling and who else...?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.