[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0822.jpg (89 KB, 506x595)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
So the tree make noise or not?
>>
>>23824086

YES.

REALITY IS NOT CONTINGENT TO PERCEPTION.
>>
>>23824086
It makes a noise but not a sound. Sound is only a sound when an ear heard it. Noise can happen anywhere without organisms to hear it.
>>
>>23824121
big if true
>>
>>23824086
If by tree you mean my penis, then yes it does make a noise
>>
>>23824121

NOISE IS A SPECIES OF SOUND.

SOUND IS VIBRATION OF AIR, AS SUCH, IT IS AN OBJECTIVE PHENOMENON, NOT CONTINGENT TO AUDITORY PERCEPTION.
>>
>>23824086
Which answer will give me a gf?
>>
>>23824143
>Which answer will give me a gf?
The does not make noise because statistically speaking historical subjective idealism has a 0% incel rate.
>>
>>23824141
Air is a compressible fluid and thus does not vibrate. Refrain from every posting again do you hear me?
>>
>>23824166
Air is just atoms and they can do the vibration movement like anything else. Now refrain from posting again, pseud-STEMcel.
>>
>>23824086
No, if there is no one there to perceive it then there is no reality to speak of only existence which in itself doesn't constitute a reality. Does a rock have a reality to speak of? Describe what it is without referencing an outside observer. If it were enough then there'd literally be no reason to have a conscious experience.
>>
>>23824204
Babies learn about object permanence before they can speak. The world comtinues chugging along even when you aren't watching. The universe existed prior to conscious beings and it will comtinue to do so after they're gone.
>>
>>23824286
Okay, now remove all entities capable of conscious experience. What exists? How can you prove it?
>>
>>23824292
>How can you prove it?
You can witness the gaps in time by periodically checking on anything that happens in the world. Leave a fresh glass of milk on the counter for a day or two. Come back to it and it will no longer be milk; something has happened to it to make it sour. This is proof that things are unfolding while you aren't perceiving them. I can give a million examples, but hopefully you get the point.
>>
>>23824086
A tree called me a nigger once
>>
>>23824336
That is not a proof at all.
>>
>>23824336
All that proves is that you're not perceiving it not that there are zero (0) entities with a conscious experience are not perceiving it, but I get your point. Without access to le god this is as good as we're going to get.
>>
>>23824350
And I meant it too.
>>
>>23824086
Yes but if it didn’t then nothing would be different. So no it didn’t.
>>
>>23824336
Now imagine you never went back to check. Prove that something happened. You can’t. The only reason it soured was because you went back to look at it.
>>
>>23824086
No, since you can't have something without someone to perceive it. The brain uses categories for things in order to make its environment sensible, but the world in itself doesn't have content or individuation. Time, causality, things, etc., are good for survival and making things predictable but not ontological features of reality.
>>
File: Y5u5uDdFakSYwN5tygJ8Wa.png (641 KB, 858x599)
641 KB
641 KB PNG
>>23824086
TACTICAL TRVKE INCOMING
*BAHEEP* *BAHEEP* *BAHEEP*
the tree does not make noise either way
>>
>>23824086
It depends on how you define noise or sound, whether sound is a matter of perception only or whether you consider air vibrations to be sound. I’d say yes it does, because I’m not a literal 2 year old and I have a concept of object permanence and know that things can happen even if I didn’t experience it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.