[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726690875713424s.jpg (7 KB, 250x229)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
My grandfather got in touch online with some Americans who share our (pretty rare) last name. They are heavily into genealogy. Thing is, they are visiting my city tomorrow, and my grandfather, who doesn't speak English, asked me to come and translate.

I understand English relatively well but my accent is terrible. I'm also autistically asocial, basically a complete shut-in NEET with close to zero social skills.

Any advice? How are Americans in real life? Will they make fun of my terrible accent?
>>
Wtf this is not int
>>
>>23824670
Dude, this is /lit/ but don't worry the americans will be amazed that you speak any english at all. It is basically unheard of in their culture that someone speaks more than one.
>>
>>23824670
Even if you would embaress yourself, keep in mind that your grandpa will not know and you will probably never see the americans again. You got this, anon!
>>
>>23824670
No one will be bothered by the accent, it's what they'll expect because you're foreign. And your autistic asocial behavior will be less noticeable because of cultural differences. I'm always better at speaking to Europeans than I am to fellow Americans for that reason. You'll do fine.
Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>23824670
Post a vocaroo of your accent. 99.9% chance it's totally fine though so don't worry.
>>
>>23824670
They'll probably just attribute any autistic behavior to cultural differences.
>>
>>23824670
They're gonna shoot you for being a faggot
Better start running OP
>>
File: 1701662840685726.webm (2.76 MB, 1080x1920)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB WEBM
>>23824670
I won't make fun of it your face but I will be very amused by it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.