[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It’s not fiction anyway, you read it to get the point and not to wonder about fancy wording. You don't know the original languages either so read translations that change the idea no less than summarizing. So why seethe?
>>
>>23825486
>You don't know the original languages
lmfao at this Amerigolem's projection
>>
>>23825486
>You don't know the original languages
Anone, ego...
>>
>>23825490
I'm an ESL and I'm not going to learn German, Greek, Latin, French, etc. etc. just to read a bunch of books about which I can read on Wiki.
>>
>>23825501
Latin is not enough even remotely, actually the least useful of classical languages. Even Greek plus Latin is not enough because then you have Germans, French, even Italians and Russians.
>>
>>23825512
>actually the least useful of classical languages
Extremely low IQ opinion but I'm not going to put any effort into refuting it since this is probably a bait thread so I'll just say read Schopenhauer's essay on Latin.
Most people (myself included) who know Latin also know Greek + French/German (probs both) too anyway.
>>
>>23825512
Greek, English, German, French, Latin, Italian, Russian. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>23825518
>Most people (myself included) who know Latin also know Greek + French/German (probs both)
Yet don't know how to get a job huh? Again, what I'm loosing reading the Wikipage about a book instead of reading the book?
>>23825521
And you're not going to know them all unless you're fooling yourself or do nothing besides reading books on them all day.
>>
>>23825531
Nigga you barely even speak English fuck off with this
>>
>>23825535
Because I have a fucking job you neet creep.
>>
>>23825536
Imagine bragging about being a wagecuck jfl
Mr. Golstein is calling you to lick his ass, so run off now and cease bothering the spiritual elite with your niγerbabble.
>>
>>23825541
Go buy some goyslop and bring it on foot to your 8 m2 apartments you filth.
>>
>>23825486
It depends on the type of secondary sources anon. If it's academic literature then it's more trustworthy publication. Then say some sketch website or book or non fiction prose type literature.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.