[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: reduced_image.jpg (790 KB, 1528x2048)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
Where do i begin with her.
>>
For me, Way of Perfection first, laid down a lot of terminology. Then Interior Castle.
I tried reading Interior Castle first but kept getting filtered partly by the technical terms that get defined in Way, partly by lack of development in my prayer life. The further I got the more there was for me to get out of it.
When she says that you don’t need any cabbalistic formula, just prayer and meditation, she is dead on. Rosary is excellent and very extensible.
Other favorite books on prayer or mysticism?
>>
>>23825689
>Other favorite books on prayer or mysticism?
Little Book of Eternal Wisdom by Heinrich Seuse. The German mystics are very underrated.
>>
>>23825645
Right in her pussy.
>>
>>23825732
Finding out just how great german catholicism was before protestants came to ruin it was wild, they really had it figured out.
>>
>>23825745
True
>>
>>23825745
Many such cases. Catholic England was awesome, too.
>>
>>23825645
Genuinely and utterly the greatest female theologian of all time
>>
File: F8YwtNuasAEVufw.jpg (242 KB, 1500x1834)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>23825689
It's fascinating to me how simple so much of her advice and guidance is. Like, I've read The Way Of Perfection. It's great. But there's no secrets, no tricks, no esoteric methods. Just the three theological virtues that she harps on over and over: Faith, Hope, and Love. And a big meditation on the Our Father. That's it. Simple stuff from the Bible and the ordinary teachings of the Church. Nothing esoteric or gnostic about it.

But it works. Clearly, it works. All that's needed is to live it.
>>
>>23826447
>All that's needed is to live it.
FULL
>>
File: happy-hulk.gif (880 KB, 245x200)
880 KB
880 KB GIF
>>23825737
Beat me to it, friend.
>>
File: Hildegarde.jpg (359 KB, 1264x729)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
Is that Hildegard? I had a cat named Hildegard. I loved her dearly. I can't remember why I gave her that name.. I think it was because my girlfriend wanted to name her Chubs, and I told her to fuck chose something I knew she'd hate. I've never read her, though. RIP both Hildegard.
>>
>>23826589
I told her to fuck off and chose something I knew she'd hate*
>>
>>23826592
kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.