[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1319.jpg (6 KB, 178x150)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Book 23 is low key the most important part of the Iliad and also the most underrated.

Menelaus and Antilochus fighting over the prize directly mirrors Agamemnon and Achilles fighting over Briseis and Menelaus conceding the horse to Antilochus despite being the winner shows what the writer (Homer) thinks Agamemnon should have done where he a more mature and honest statesman.

I don’t have any mindblowing thoughts on this but I just think about that scene a lot and what it says of Homer’s view of social interactions and statesmanship.
>>
I also think about it, I learned to notice struggle because of it when before I only noticed the people who come in first, now even if a man comes in last I honor him if he tried harder than the winner

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.