[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pyrrho.png (383 KB, 420x610)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
Only suspension of judgement and ataraxia have improved my life.
Everything else is bullshit.
Dogmatists will cope.
>>
>>23826651
>suspension of judgement
How?
>>
>>23826654
It's simple, dogmatist. You conceive of the argument and then you dismiss it using one of the Five Modes™.
>>
I actually think I know very little, don't even need a technique to convince myself of that.
>>
>>23826663
I don't get it.
>>
>>23826724
That's the spirit!
>>
>>23826663
What are the five modes? I usually just attack the metaphysical foundation.
>>
>>23826651
>suspension of judgement
>have improved my life
>Everything else is bullshit.
>Dogmatists will cope
>suspension of judgement
>of
>judgement
>>
>>23826786
>hmmmm
>has my life gotten any better?
>wait
>it has gotten worse?
>but if I suspend my judgment
>the bad stuff goes away
bikecuck.png
>>
>>23826651
You’re being a dogmatist, you’re using skeptical principles dogmatically in order to judge anything else as invalid.
>>
>>23826651
You are coping, skeptoid. Only the pursuit of katastematic pleasure can lead you to ataraxia. If you are in pain, you can not just decide to suspend judgment to make the pain go away magically. Ataraxia is only achieved when you have primed your mind for it and live a tranquil life that successfully integrates katastematic pleasure and avoids pain.
>>
>>23826928
No, these Pyrrhonist copers do not even believe in their skeptical principles when they utilize them, they are only reporting a state of mind instead of belief.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.