[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>wanted to buy an Amazon Kindle
>It's made of recycled plastic
>>
throw it in the bin or sell it and buy a kobo
>>
>>23826818
A simple Kindle is cheap and terrible just buy the more expensive than that or try Kobo
>>
Newer kobos are all made of recycled plastic as well.
>>
>>23826818
What is wrong with paper, dude? Are you some king of environmentalist or something?
>>
>>23827133
>paper
>environmentalist
Anon, paper is more environmentally friendly in the long run.
>>
>>23827175
I knew that you are one of those hippie guys. You even have the talking points ready.
>>
>>23826818
>Not using a Kobo Libra 2

ngmi
>>
>>23827175
>paper is more environmentally friendly in the long run.
Lol no you have no fucking idea kek. Paper production is incredibly polluting and energy consuming and every book consumes a lot more resources than a fucking pdf on a plastic tablet (your phone is also mostly plastic by volume btw)
>>
>>23827184
It only lasts like 2 weeks before you need to recharge it.
>>
>>23827241
>What is paper recycling?
>>
>>23826818
Wait, what's wrong with recycled plastic?
>>
>>23826818
I thought about getting a kindle years ago but ended up just getting a regular tablet
now I have eyesight problems but still think it was worth it, desu
>>
What is even the point of getting a Kindle at all? Just type "[book title] pdf" into Google and it's right there. Any platform can open a pdf.
>>
>>23827949
An e-book reader with e-ink is easier on the eyes, because it isn't a giant LED lamp shining blue light into your eyes for hours and burning your retinas. You also feel like you are "contributing" to the author's income by buying his/her book, and not pirating.
>>
>>23827974
>You also feel like you are "contributing" to the author's income by buying his/her book, and not pirating
I dont read authors who are alive and i pirated all my e books.
>>
>>23828053
Based
>>
>>23827133
p-books are so annoying. No backlight and you have to turn pages manually.
>>
>>23827974
You can still pirate a pdf and buy the book if it helps your conscience.
>>
>>23828105
Nta, but are you implying that your preferred way of reading is via PDF on a non e-ink display? That sounds dreadful.
>>
>>23828164
I read them on my desktop PC
>>
Anyone who prefers PDF to EPUB has something fundamentally wrong with his soul.
>>
>>23828198
Well, I wish you the best. E-ink displays are my preferred way of reading fiction. No creasing spines, dogged eared pages, tears, etc. A light form factor and my entire library in one device. Doesn't get much better than that, in my opinion.
>>
>>23827791
Makes it feel cheap and tacky desu
>>
>>23827241
Plastic should never have been invented. It's the worst polluter out of anything humans have created.
>>
>>23828369
Don't think that's the result of recycled plastic. That's just amazon using as little plastic as they can get away with, claim they're environmentally friendly, while offering sturdier more expensive models to tempt buyers.

Can't remember what the tactic is, but you're meant to be repulsed, and buy the next model up which is actually even more cheaply made as virgin plastic is the cheaper option.
>>
>>23828369
Interesting. I have a 10th gen paperwhite. I don't know if that's made with recycled plastic, but I can say I haven't noticed any issues with feel or quality. The biggest pain is the lag on the screen. I know e-ink takes time to refresh, but it feels like the processor in this thing is lagging as well sometimes.
>>
>>23827241
>mineral extraction
>server cooling
>(((plastic)))
>needs a massive industrial complex to build one
>e-waste
>can't be fully recycled
Don't even get me started on how CPUs are made. E-readers will never be environmentally friendly. Also, trees are renewable btw.
>>
>>23827241
Plus burning them.
>>
>>23828788
>E-readers will never be environmentally friendly.
Man. I wanna buy some more e-readers now.

Rollin coal. Readin ebooks, just because you shot donald Trump.
>>
>>23827949
Reading on a phone and PC is terrible, it's just is. I don't have a tablet and i can't buy every physical copy; with any e-reader i can just pirate whatever book i want and i can properly read it without wanting to commit suicide.
>>
>>23826818
Kobo with KOReader, fren.
>>
>>23829541
How is it different than just reading 4chan? I got my Adobe reader to be set up with the same dark mode as here, and I spend all day reading posts.
>>
>>23826818
>recycled plastic
Into the landfill it goes
>>
>>23827974
>You also feel like you are "contributing" to the author's income by buying his/her book, and not pirating.
the sole reason I bought an ereader is to read books without buying them
>>
>>23826818
>wanted to buy an Amazon Kindle
no you didn't
>>
>>23830061
imagine paying for ebooks
>>
>>23831271
?
>>
>>23826818
Friendly reminder that "eink" is literally on the level of astrology and homeopathy and healing crystals. You're no different than those vegan hipster squatters, only assuming another shape
>>
>>23831271
> t. A broke ass nigga
>>
>>23831471
I make more money than you, guaranteed.
>>
>>23827075
Kindle is literally what 90% of people reading ebooks need.
>>
>>23829750
Nta. It just is. Hard to explain unless you get it. I'm not trying to shit post or be ironic. I have the same issue with webtoons and manga.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.