[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1651849801147.jpg (3 KB, 125x110)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
I just read Genesis. What did I think about it?
>>
>Frog poster
>think
>>
>>23828392
That's why I'm asking you what I should think about it
>>
>>23828392
you are on 4chan dude
>>
>>23828385
You think that it aged poorly and has worse gameplay than the New Testament.
>>
File: pepe-sing-peepo-sing.gif (172 KB, 371x498)
172 KB
172 KB GIF
>Listen, you know I love you, but I just can't take this You know I love you, but I'm playing for keeps Although I need you, I'm not gonna make this You know I want to, but I'm in too deep
>>
You thought the following:

When one describes the "fruit" of something, they indicate the product of that thing - such as the "fruit of your labor". Given this, the "fruit" of the Tree of Knowledge of Good And Evil, indicates some product or outcome that comes from having knowledge of good and evil. What is that product/outcome? The ability to make moral judgements of one's own. If one knows what is good and what is evil, they are then able to categorize acts according to which of these it matches with.

Prior to eating of the fruit, man lived in innocent and humble deference to God's judgement - but after eating of the fruit. man began to make his own judgement about right and wrong. Being imperfect, their judgement was imperfect, resulting in a warped morality. He immediately gained shame and fear, and was expelled from paradise lest he eat of the Tree of Life and live forever under his unbearable burden. What followed was a gradual descent into such depravity that God deemed it necessary to flood the Earth, killing nearly everyone.

The key takeaway here is that the Bible is retarded and man's fear and shame preceded his ability to make moral judgements, as many lesser animals have fear and shame as well without even possessing a concept of good or evil.
>>
>>23829459
oh now that's interesting
>>
I just read Think. What did I genesis about it?
>>
>>23828385
Mankind is put to sleep as Adam and only awaken when Christ rises within.
>>
The book has great stories 10/10
>>
File: 440.jpg (30 KB, 528x502)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>23828385
you thought: "Im hungry. but I need to take a shit... hmmmmmmmm I think Ill try eating while taking a shit for the first time. Ive drank while pissing before, back in high school when I had my first Bud Light. I remember how euphoric I felt in that moment. It was like a Joseph Conradian "duality of man" situation, where one side of mans styngian soul thirsts, another replenishes in that same moment.
"All prior boundaries broken, every line in the sand crossed. Hanging between the profound and the profane. All that was once known as lies, were truth in the end. All limits, held in orthodoxy, cast aside in one hedonistic act."

You then microwaved some Cup Noodles and sat down on the toilet, besides your socks, being already naked in your squalid bachelor pad. You attempted to eat while squeezing out a fat one but simply farted
>>
>>23828385
As a believer I find it most fascinating.
John's Gospel has a particular beauty to it, but there's something special about the pure and unique experiences of God. The garden and the walks with God. The desert and discovery/revelation of the One God. The mysterious visitors, the angels, visions and dreams. Terror and wonder. Now we have complex theology, Church's structure and large communities, so raw experiences of Old Testament, and Genesis in particular, are incredible.
Imagine the situation of Abram realizing the truth of the One God among the pagan falsehoods.
>>
File: Merry pipe.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>23828385
That it starts very interestingly and quickly becomes exceedingly dull Jewish history that accidentally portrays jews and their interpretation of God as fundamentally unlikeable and impossible to get along with. A microcosm of the entire OT
It left you wondering how you could possibly reconcile it with the far better and more truthful NT, which can often be remarkable in its insight on God.
>>
File: IMG_1280.jpg (34 KB, 500x563)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>23829782
>Ive drank while pissing before, back in high school when I had my first Bud Light. I remember how euphoric I felt in that moment.
This is like how it feels good to be balls deep in a woman while her husband fucks you in the ass
>>
>>23829459
>apply metaphorical symbology to book
>"this book is retarded because it's not literally true"
Huh?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.