[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Fictional Anime.jpg (7 KB, 251x145)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>Watch the first few episodes of the new Ultraman Quanta anime
>Set in a far future where humans create an interstellar civilization and join the wider galactic community
>The show is if you combined Ultraman with the usual Star Trek formula as the main cast are members of a survey ship and visit various points of interests in the galaxy and survey uncharted space
>MC of the show, Ryu Satsuma, is a 12 year old and literally THE youngest host to an Ultraman and thus very non-standard
>Ultraman Quanta also is non-standard as his form not only is more alien and organic, but some of his powers have him shapeshift his body in order to use them (hell, when he uses his equivalent of the spacium beam, his forearm opens revealing a prismatic cell membrane that generates the beam)
>Quanta seems to be inspired by the likes of Venom and Guyver in terms of how his biology functions (hell, the first episode literally had him, in the form of a silver slime fuse with Ryu in order to save him from dying to a mutagenic virus) and has some physics breaking abilities (light-bending, gravity manipulation, creating wormholes and more) along with the ability to assimilate samples of defeated kaiju and use their abilities and even combine those at the cost of faster energy consumption
>The transformation is much different since the kid literally turns silver fluid after being engulfed in light and morphs into Quanta
Overall the show is very promising. The action is good, the characters have substance and the MC isn't an annoying brat most of the time and it being set in space allows for a ton of scenarios.
But what was the producer's intention with having most of the villains being female and sexy to boot? Even the new incarnation of Bogal in human form is a stacked milf that constantly snacks on something.
But overall will our shota find his abducted dad and will he and Quanta save the galaxy from whatever darkness is rising on the horizon?
Did anyone even like it?
>>
nobody cares about ultraman, make this about gundam next time if you want any replies.
>>
>>22595712

>Every other thread is about Mobile Suit Gundam: Bicorn-Side Story and Hathaway IV: Epilogue
>Make another Gundam thread

Can't wait for you people to get divorced to your own board.

>>22595705
You see the first episode of Octology of Quazar? Really liked the Octopus mech designs but the over reliance on 3D animation does not mesh well with the overly stylized character designs.
>Introduce absolute 10/10 tomboy secondary lead in the Tempest K-755.
>Completely throw that out the window just for a shock rape scene from the Mindflayer Shota and mind breaking her into being an overly neurotic yandere for her own half-breed kid.
>Arcadus is 100% onboard with all of this because he has a "son" now.

I know this is an anime only but is the cuck arc seriously going to last the entire show? I just wanted cool underwater fight scenes.
>>
Anyone else love Gekiganger 3?
>>
>>22595805
>I know this is an anime only but is the cuck arc seriously going to last the entire show? I just wanted cool underwater fight scenes.
Don't worry. Quanta will fix it with the power of wonky quantum shenanigans that would result in time-travel and erasing the situation from ever happening (at the cost of Quanta and Ryu suffering temporary mental instability and overall whole bodily pain).

But in all the whole Tempest Team that got assigned to the Wandering Light are in all honesty cool.
They are as badass as the Night Raiders but aren't above goofing around. When not on duty they can be funny. When the situation's serious, then they mean business. AND HOW. What makes them stand out from the Night Raiders is the banter they have during fights. And those can be very hilarious.
And their mecha are actually fun and serve as good support for our shota MC and his giant alter.
>>
>>22595836
the plot and mecha designs were decent for the 70s but it's kinda insane how much the animation quality shot up for specific episodes
>>
I just discovered this old unsubbed OVA called Moonlight Sorrow. It's a really weird show about the demise of a moon colony -- humanity's first attempt to colonize the heavens -- thanks to the moon government's corruption. The MC is a member of the moon military and has personally witnessed the corruption in the military, but he cannot speak out. When he tries to tell everyone about what's happening so that all-out war can be prevented, he gets killed and the moon starts a war with the earth, which results in the destruction of the moon colony and many major Earth cities. This anime has no mecha, but it has lots of small, nimble starfighters and speeder bikes.
>>22595705
I usually don't like new anime, but this sounds amazing. I'll have to watch it.
>>22595836
LET'S GO PASSION!
>>
>>22595705
>Fictional anime that does not exist
So, a good gundam show?
>>
>>22595836
The camp is the good kind here.
>>22595904
Give it a try. It's a really good show.
>>
>>22595904
Whats with people saying a power armor show has no mecha in it.
Im glad you enjoyed the OVA since its so underrated but dismissing the PA tells me you were just here for the Luna Rabbit titties while they ride their bikes.
Earth did nothing wrong, and Triton squad did their best, even if their sacrifice ended up being for nothing.
>>
>>22595977
>Whats with people saying a power armor show has no mecha in it.
Some people don't try to see similarities between power/powered armor and mecha.
The former may very well be a robotic suit which should count as a mecha.
>>
Reminder that Tabula Rasa will take the Vertigo Reactor at Vatican VI and put it in his Neanderthal unit. Dr. Breivel was an engineer on both projects, so they're likely compatible. Or Neanderthal is gonna get fucked up when they attack Vatican VI and they will utilize it in the upgrade.
>>
File: coping ernie.png (167 KB, 225x394)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>no FMP season 5 still

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.