[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Gee Godzilla, why does Toho let you have TWO gigabash collaborations?
>>
>>22601389
Xilien hands types this post
>>
File: IMG_4452.jpg (767 KB, 1918x818)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>22601427
Precisely! Ever since planet x had taken over twitter, we control the toxicity of its website for our own benefits! We could even cure internet flame wars if we wanted to today
>>
>>22601375
I fucking wish the multiplayer is alive, refunded this months ago. Props to devs still making contents though, they're clearly losing money with only like 100 players
>>
So it's rumored that they tried for Gamera but Kadokawa told them no. How stingy do you have to be to say 'no' to something fucking TOHO said 'yes' to?
>>
>>22601577
More than one person likes Gamera, anon.
>>
So who do ya think will be in the other 3 slots? I feel like Mothra will be a shoe 'in. I'm hoping King Ceaser gets in as well.
>>
>>22602154
Well, it is called the "Nemesis" DLC, so I'm assuming there won't be any allies of Godzilla, only foes. I suppose Mothra could count as a nemesis, but she's usually considered more of an ally, so who knows. Ghidorah's already been unofficially confirmed (I can't imagine who else would be associated with golden lightning coming down from a stormy sky), and the first wave already gave us Mechagodzilla, Gigan, and Destoroyah, so those three are off the table. Megalon? Hedorah? SpaceGodzilla? Passion Republic did pick Camearra of all characters for the Ultraman DLC, so maybe we'll get a lesser known Godzilla foe, like Monster X, Titanosaurus, or Gabara. Maybe they'll surprise us with an inclusion from the MonsterVerse and give us the Female MUTO.
>>
>>22601375
Godzilla pretty much dominates the entire genre. There's a huge power gap and demand. Exposure and success will do that to you.
>>
I'm surprised Evangelion hasn't appeared yet. Feels like Eva crosses over with a lot of shit. Most recently, Shin Megami Tensei.
>>
>>22601554
It means the franchise is fucking cooked if they don;t even want that little exposure they may get from this tie in. They're phasing Gamera out again.
>>
>>22602534
For what it's worth, it's at least on their radar as a potential franchise to add.
>>
File: 1489866853391.png (741 KB, 1015x720)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
>>22601554
Kadokawa is not the best at making business decisions
>>
No Satisfied Fans!
>>
>>22601554
Gamera’s moveset is literally perfect for a fighting game how are they this dumb.
Same with his rogues, can you imagine getting to play as Rebirth Guiron
>>
>>22601375
I hope pacific rim, especially Cherno Alpha got in.
>>
>>22602570
Gamera was quite literally number 7 on their list of most influential shit, only outdone by shit like Overlord or Konosuba
>>
>>22604369
Like, imagine not using the character with more named attacks than Godzilla
>>
>>22604409
Anon that's not influential. That just means they've put out enough Gamera since 1965 that it managed to hold on during Kadokawa's deluge of nonstop isekai shit making way too much money. They've got the little asterisk there telling you that list is comprised of all titles since release year.
>>
>>22604524
Forgive me, I have a poor vocabulary.
>>
>>22603914
>A bunch of FOTM Isekai? Have all the budget
>An animated revival of one of the only two Kaiju franchises to go toe to toe with Godzilla? Have a PS2 and a ham sandwich.
>>
>>22604369
>Same with his rogues, can you imagine getting to play as Rebirth Guiron
Showa Gamera / Legion or Iris / Zedus / One of the Rebirth kaiju would've been such a perfect line up.
>>
>>22605337
Showa, no. Heisei, yes.
Personally, the ideal lineup would be
>Gamera (Heisei G1 with G3 as his S-Class)
>Gyaos (Super Gyaos S-Class?)
>Iris (Uhhhh)
>Guiron (Rebirth)
>>
>>22602173
I am hopeful for space godzilla. I want to see what they do with his crystal creating ability. Megalon won't be likely because they already have to crab/beetle monster with claw hand. 2 internet bux on megarius.
>>
>>22605644
I get angry whenever they bring back Spacegodzilla for the 50th time.
He's lame as shit and there're a million cooler monsters to use
>>
>>22605675
>for the 50th time
I didn't know showing up in 2 games and having a few comic appearances added up to 50
>>
>>22606354
You get what I fucking mean. He's lame as shit and Biollante is the only cool Heisei monster
>>
>>22605675
>>22606450
He's a very "video game-y" monster, though. He's got the "evil doppleganger of the hero" thing going for him, combined with all his crazy powers... It makes sense that he always shows up in Godzilla games.
>>
>>22606538
Yeah but he’s also lame as fuck
>>
>>22606597
Sure, but there are only so many Godzilla monsters to go around, and there are even less "big bad final boss" monsters to choose from. You can't use Ghidorah or Mechagodzilla (and, to a lesser degree, Destoroyah) EVERY time you want a big Godzilla villain.
>>
>>22606676
Hedorah is underused as fuck considering how thematically coherent he is with what Godzilla is
>>
File: 109806087_p0_master1200.jpg (1.09 MB, 1200x1200)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>22601375
Hope we get an Ultra kaiju pack or these devs go on to make a full Godzilla or Ultraman game.
>>22602534
Unit-01, Unit-02, Sachiel and Jet Alone
>>22602154
I'm gonna guess Hedorah, Biollante and Anguirus.
>>
>>22606792
I'll agree with that. You could get a really good apocalyptic story out of Hedorah if done right.
>>
>>22602173
Monsterverse is a no, Passion Republic is on record as saying they're too expensive plus they'd have to negotiate with both Toho and WB, which would be a mess.
>>22602534
Anno wouldn't miss the opportunity to have his characters hang with Ultraman and Godzilla again I'm sure
Plus we're damn sure not getting Power Rangers/Sentai in given the meltdown that franchise is having stateside
>>
>>22607208
>Plus we're damn sure not getting Power Rangers/Sentai in given the meltdown that franchise is having stateside
You're probably right, but you never know. Hasbro might up for not doing anything and letting Passion Republic do all the work.
>>
>>22601577
are you the same guy that shits his pants in every gamera thread?
>>
Considering Passion Republic pulled a WTF character pick with Camearra, do we think they might do the same with the Nemesis DLC? Could we get something like King Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan, and Gabara?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG4NsMykNA4

The first teaser after the announcement, showing off King Ghidorah's silhouette like they did in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. Also, I read that apparently it's been confirmed on Discord that the Nemesis DLC is only going to have two kaiju in it, which is disappointing, but whatever.
>>
>>22610916
Eh, that's fine.
>>
So, since the Nemesis pack is only going to have two monsters in it, who do we think is going to be Ghidorah's partner in crime? Another villain? SpaceGodzilla? Or will this be "We didn't get Ghidorah and Mothra in with the first batch, so let's get Ghidorah and Mothra in now."
>>
>>22612294
Mothra hopefully
>>
>>22607208
>Monsterverse is a no, Passion Republic is on record as saying they're too expensive plus they'd have to negotiate with both Toho and WB, which would be a mess.
That's a shame. Though I have trouble believing getting the rights to MUTO or Behemoth would cost more than getting the rights to Godzilla, Mothra, or King Ghidorah.
>>
If we're getting Heisei King Ghidorah (and we likely are, as that's Toho's go-to incarnation of the character), could we possibly get Mecha-King Ghidorah as his S-Class form? Or will he just get bigger?
>>
>>22615858
Maybe Grand King Ghidorah for his S-Class
>>22612492
True but remember they're dealing with a company like WB who could be harder to work with than Toho
>>
>>22615858
I hope not. Showa Ghidorah all the way
>>
>>22616666
I would love that, but Toho seems to hate using Showa Ghidorah for some reason. Like in the IDW comics, even when Ghidorah is portrayed as an alien and the story involves the Xiliens and is set on Planet X, they'll still use Heisei Ghidorah. It drives me crazy.
>>
>>22605675
Shut up Space Godzilla is cool

He's got them Gunbuster shoulders
>>
>>22616930
Yeah, there's something so silly yet charming about SpaceGodzilla. He's got these two goofy-ass crystals jutting out of his torso but the character is taken so seriously.
>>
>>22615257
>Though I have trouble believing getting the rights to MUTO or Behemoth would cost more than getting the rights to Godzilla, Mothra, or King Ghidorah
I'd imagine the collabs came from Toho approaching Passion Republic rather than the other way around so they allow it as long as they get some percentage of the profits
I could also imagine WB being way more Jewish about it compared to Toho ironically enough, like the MUTOs are their exclusive characters therefore have their own licensing fees
>>22616680
> but Toho seems to hate using Showa Ghidorah for some reason. Like in the IDW comics, even when Ghidorah is portrayed as an alien and the story involves the Xiliens and is set on Planet X, they'll still use Heisei Ghidorah. It drives me crazy.
I mean at the end of the day what's really the difference between Showa and Heisei Ghidorah besides having different origins?
>>
File: ghidorahs.png (636 KB, 398x625)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>22618630
>I mean at the end of the day what's really the difference between Showa and Heisei Ghidorah besides having different origins?
They have different heads (Showa has the curved horns and the manes, while Heisei just has the straight horns), but the most important difference is that Showa has the classic Ghidorah warble-cackle-whatever you want to call it cry, while Heisei has the lame-ass "We reused Rodan's roar for some reason" roar.
>>
>>22619037
And the cool crest

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.