[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: chromehounds.jpg (3.23 MB, 2448x2448)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
Finally getting around to starting this game, what am I in for boys?

I've barely dipped my toe in but so far I'm enjoying the slower, almost "plodding" aspect of the mechs.
>>
wait what the hell why did the picture I took get dipped in vaseline lmao

whatever anyways I'm planning on getting all the available achievements for the game, so that means all I can get are the singleplayer ones. Why didn't fromsoft put this game on backwards compatibility? From what I saw on the TA forums it seemed relatively popular.
>>
>What am I in for?
Fuck knows man, play it and find out.
>>
>>22614827
I stopped for a bit to install the game to my 360's hard drive because hot damn those load times

but so far I like the sniper build, not much else I can say yet but the story so far is peak mid-2000's
>>
File: Kingdom of Sal Kar.gif (4 KB, 324x216)
4 KB
4 KB GIF
A real sense of doing your duty and protecting your homeland
glory to the Kingdom of Sal Kar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4a5n87d8M
>>
>>22614814
>Why didn't fromsoft put this game on backwards compatibility?
Chromehounds, AC4, AC4A, ACV, ACVD ....... :(
>>
>>22614814
The Xbox BC stuff is a bit of a mess. I imagine it's not really on Fromsoft's end, but rather the amount of different publishers their stuff went through in those days. AC4 was Sega in the US, 505 in the EU, and For Answer was Ubisoft. Probably an awful lot of paperwork to try and tangle through to get stuff resold.
>>
File: world_of_tanks.webm (3.82 MB, 1220x618)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB WEBM
wanted to capture some gameplay, how in the world does one make a <4mb webm that doesnt look like dookiebutter?

anyways glad to once again experience from's classic ethos on tank treads controlling like a greased pig on a hockey rink
>>
>>22614813
The only real issue is that 70% of the meat of the game is online. Parts, maps, etc.
Still a great game. It's a shame.
>>
You're in for an extremely mediocre and short experience, sadly. The single player campaign is like 3 hours long. The multi-player was the only reason to play it
>>
>>22615059
7th gen graphics are honestly great, this was the last time graphics were any modicum of impressive still.
>>
I have 300 hours of single player and never had the chance to try the pvp aspect, I do enjoy piloting my hounds that much.
My two main dumb fun builds are quad cannon biped and octo howitzer tetrapod.
>>
>>22614850
It's a real shame none of them got backward compablility with the xbone, but atleast we got Otogi 1 & 2
>>
If you like Chromehounds, MAV got the license to the pieces, but the game's been dead since 2018. No idea if it's still around.
>>
Seeing a lot of threads for older games and emus pop up lately, has there never been a general for that kind of stuff?
>>
>>22617856
fuck generals, generals are the death of discussion
>>
>>22615149
>3hrs of play
>>22615585
>300hrs of play
I'm getting mixed signals
>>
>>22623893
It's a normal playthrough vs an autists playthrough
>>
File: cheevement.png (375 KB, 1323x843)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
OP here, surprised the thread is still up lol

Got all the story achievements a few days ago, might as well give some closing thoughts before the thread dies

I played each archetype's tutorials first then played the rest of the levels with my own builds. Overall, the game was an okay challenge; that is, until I transitioned to a full sniper build and wiped the floor with literally everything. Nothing could see me let alone touch me and it was frankly unfair lol

I wish I could've played this game in proper multiplayer, might check out MAV like >>22617849 suggested. All in all though, solid 6/10 experience, though I will stick to armored core tyvm

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.