[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1380285606327.jpg (455 KB, 1000x726)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>Mobile Fighter
>New Mobile Report
>After War/Mobile New Century
>no "mobile suit" in the title at all a la G-Reco or Turn A
Man when will we get another twist on the "Mobile Suit" subtitle for another seires?
>>
Mobile Faggot OP
>>
Mobile Nigger First Post
>>
>Mobile Suit
>Mobile Armor
Time for Mobile Coat
>>
>>22695730
I think they see Mobile Suit as important for branding nowadays. Tomino got to avoid it because G-Reco was his pet project.

Just look at Witch from Mercury. The "Mobile suit" part leaves the title very awkward but it's still officially there.
>>
>>22695745
Mobile Leotard
>>
>>22695730
I think the 90's AUs didn't use the "Mobile Suit" descriptor to separate them from the original UC Gundam timeline. The first AU to use "Mobile Suit" in the title was SEED, which was supposed to be a modern interpretation of the original Gundam show and had a lot more similarities to the first show.
>>
>>22695797
Sky Girls?
>>
>>22695784
>Tomino got to avoid it because G-Reco was his pet project
It's because G-Reco is Turn A's sequel, literally. Tomino and Sunrise reused the cancelled Turn A sequel as the bones for the show
>>
>>22695854
Turn A comes after G-Reco in the timeline though
>>
>>22695856
If you're mentally ill sure
>>
Now I'm just wondering what they would've come up with had they continued with the trend.
>New Mobile Genome Gundam SEED
>Mobile Near Future Gundam 00
>New Mobile Module Gundam AGE
>Mobile Metal Warriors Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
>Mobile Duelists Gundam: The Witch From Mercury
Something like that.
>>
>>22695797
Mobile Gimp
>>
File: bright darkholme.jpg (167 KB, 1200x1773)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>22695932
FUCK, (You)!
>>
File: file.png (395 KB, 512x512)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>22695730
This is something I've thought about a lot as well.
After War and Mobile Fighter sounded so cool.
Also technically Turn A is "Called Turn A Gundam"

>>22695909
>New Mobile Genome Gundam SEED
Nah it would've been New Generation Gundam SEED.
Fits with the whole theme of it being a sort of reboot for millennials and the Freedom's OS

Bringing back the Mobile Fighter for Build Fighters would've been nice. Something like "Model Fighter Gundam Build Fighters"

OP forgot to mention the 2010 Gunpla Builders OVA which had the title "Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G".
>>
>>22695909
damn all of those suck ass
>>
>>22695826
I think this was obvious. SEED did it because it apes 0079 in MANY ways, so it was just making the reference obvious, later AUs probably kept it solely because of how much money SEED made
>>
About the titles, if you realize, they removed Gundam from the g-reco films titles
>>
>>22695784
Tomino doesn't consider G-Reco to be Gundam
>>
>>22695745
That's King Gainer.
>>
Mobile Rider Kamen Gundam
>>
Just a few years til the next mainline gundam, right?
>>
>>22701921
7 years between IBO and G-Witch, with movies and spinoffs in between. So probably at least 5 unless G-Witch gets a direct sequel series.
>>
>>22695730
The original doesn't even have Mobile Suit in the title you assclown. 機動戦士 does not mean mobile suit.
>>
>>22701948
What does it mean, then?
>>
>>22701972
kidou senshi
mobile warrior
>>
>>22702098
>mobile warrior
Mobile Knight
Mobile Saracen
Mobile Jaguar
Mobile Cossack
Mobile Grenadier
Mobile Paratrooper
Mobile Crusader
>>
>>22701948
Dumbarse

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.