[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ZnO_(Front)_01_webp.png (2.6 MB, 1220x1800)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB PNG
Why didn't they bring on more mechanical designers for Gundam SEED and Destiny? Okawara did most of the work on SEED with Akutsu doing a couple designs, but Okawara did pretty much everything in Destiny. It's surprising to me that they wouldn't bring on more artists for Destiny, especially since they were probably rolling in cash after the commercial success of SEED.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that some new ideas were needed, since all the Zaft monoeyes are just rehashes of old UC suits and some of the Gundams look tired and unoriginal.

In all the 90s shows they had like 3 guys doing design work, and in the 80s they had even more, but for Destiny they just had one. It's just weird.
>>
>>22699988
Destiny had good designs with the only exception being the gells-ghe and strike freedom
>>
>>22699993
>Not adding Impulse and it's variants

You could do better.
>>
I don’t want to read all that shit but I like seeing the ZnO

ZnO thread!
>>
>>22699988
The five original Gundams were not designed by Okawara nor Akutsu. Okawara “cleaned them up” though. (Aka made them look worse)
>>
>>22700312
The gorilla/sea monster thing is a good design.
>>
>>22700341
On the gundam wiki it says akutsu designed the five gundams though.
>>
>>22700636
My bad if accurate. I knew they weren’t initially designed by Okawara, at least
>>
>>22705737
It is a pickle sandwich inside of a phone called Boston Tea Party. Only on MTV.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.