[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It should be easy to kill all the small enemies by squishing them.
>>
Any reason your mom didn't abort you? It would be easier than having a down syndrome son.
>>
>>22701892
Do you realize how fucking hard it'd be to kill a tiny ass target without causing serious collateral damage?
>>
>>22701892
It’s not necessary, even in power rangers there’s an explanation why
>>
>>22701892
I always figured it takes a lot of power to do it. So they have to soften up the bad guys first before they transform because if they play their trump card first and that's not enough they have nothing left.
>>
File: sticky_cockroach.png (598 KB, 640x475)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
>>22701892
>It should be easy
Sticky Cockroach says otherwise. Motherfucker can scurry like no tomorrow
>>
>>22701892
The few times this happens in Sentai, the robots are shown to have issues hitting smaller targets without destroying chunks of the surrounding area. Monsters in their smaller form are also pretty agile, with the robots having a hard time catching up.
>>
>>22701892
I bet you think you're a genius for that one.
>>
>>22701892
>monster runs into a building
okay now what
>>
In most shows they have to maintain the robots themselves, so they don't bring them out unless they absolutely need to in order to not keep their workload down. And in shows where the robots are living/techno organic and don't need to be maintained they don't like to push them or bother them anymore than they absolutely need to be.
>>
>>22701892
Even if you kill him with the robot without endangering civilians he'll revive big.
Also just squishing the monster every episode would get boring
>>
>>22701892
The real question why do all Sentai monsters turn big when they're beat the first time? Shouldn't it be the opposite?
>>
>>22701892
Why would the heroes act like villains? That doesn't sound very chivalrous, are you trying to encourage kids to take shortcuts in life? Do you want Japanese kids to act like Chinese kids?
>>
>>22701892
>>22701898
>>22701919
>>22701928
>>22701998
They did one time and it failed. It was Kyoryuger i think
>>
>>22702752
Depending on the show there is an explanation
In Gingaman the juice that makes them grow also slowly kills them so they only use it as a last resort
In Go-Busters the giant evil robot takes time to transport and uses the small monster as a location marker so the small monster needs to go in first
In ToQger and Shinkenger the monster growth upon dying is built into their physiology so it's not as if they can choose to start big unless they give up one life for no reason
>>
If they skip straight to the giant robot then they miss out on the 5 piece war crime super bazooka they can use to kill the monster on foot first.
You don't get how bloodthirsty the spandex makes you.
>>
>>22703423
Almost every show has it so that monsters turning giant is at the very least a pain for the bad guys to do so they only do it out of desperation when the team defeats them on foot.

Zyuranger is actually a major exception as it's the only Sentai I can think of where the monster can't grow after being defeated. Either Bandora turned it giant when it was starting to struggle or as part of a plan or the Zyuranger killed it on foot with the Howling Cannon and there was no giant monster fight that episode. Dora Goblin was I think the only exception where they destroyed with the cannon and Bandora's spell revived it and turned it giant.
>>
>>22703423
Other interesting case was Bioman where the fight on foot was always against a small set of monsters and the "motw" was a giant mecha that fought BioRobo.
>>22702752
Aside from the cases pointed out by >>22703423, there's the fact they go with their natural state, and the giant size is a last resort issue if they failed. A few of the 80s shows(and later ones inspired by it) have a separate monster who has the specific ability of making the motw grow.
>>
I really really love it when the MOTW turns giant but a commander shows up so the team has to split between the ones on the ground fighting the commander while the giant robot fights the MOTW.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.