[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kino.png (1.4 MB, 748x878)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
=READ THE GUIDE=

THE GUIDE: http://gunpla.buyfags.moe/

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.

If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!

>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post images whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting images.

>Why are my pictures sideways?
4chan strips EXIF data from images when they're uploaded to the site from your phone, including the orientation display tag. To fix this, save your images separately, or use an app that will rotate and save the images for you.

Links:
>A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
>Kawaguchi gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
>Gundam lineart:
Explore our extensive lineart links collection:
https://pastebin.com/KgGJFkHa
>Funaka's gunpla guides:
Building Gunpla: https://files.catbox.moe/fj5azc.pdf
Scratchbuilding: https://files.catbox.moe/2d9ppa.pdf
>Falldog's gunpla guide:
http://otakurevolution.com/content/laymans-gunpla-guide
>Saintism's gunpla photography guide:
https://www.saint-ism.com/category/gunpla/photography/
>Dalong's gunpla reviews and kit documentation
dalong.net
>Schizophonic's gunpla and plamo reviews
https://schizophonic9-2.com
>>
Post snap and paint kinos
>>
Go fuck yourself you fucking faggot.
>>
Did the thread just jump from active to archived on page 3? What the fuck caused that?
>>
>>22718849
>July 8th
>Still no delivery notification for this
>>
FAKE THREAD FAKE THREAD
>>
>>22718868
:)
>>
>The one who cried about Okawara's design is a Gwitch faggot
Heh. Life immitates memes.
>>
File: 20240708_145514.jpg (745 KB, 1135x1615)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
SEA anons, post your latest Pbandai /m/ purchases.
>>
>>22718846
>image
>thread title in trannycase
>OP body still has capital letters
should have gone the extra mile. 4/10 effort
>>
>>22719047
Also, trying to make a new general thread without linking previous thread is an offense and will be nuked.
>>
>>22719067
>>22719067
>>22719067
Actual new thread
>>
This has got to be the new thread
>>
At least this thread has less faggots in it than the other one.
>>
File: 20240709_104528.jpg (3.54 MB, 4624x3468)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
Yep, I probably bought one chinese bootleg( it was half the price so i can't complain.
I will build to see the quality.
>>
File: IMG_20230123_173156.jpg (895 KB, 1538x1990)
895 KB
895 KB JPG
I got myself a nice prismatic decals from Delpi, problem is when I use finishing mat varnish all that prismatic effect disappears. The only thing I can came up with is just glossy finishing varnish, but I would really prefer flat/mat.
>>
>>22720841
Is there a way to have it nice and shiny and model in mat/flat?
>>
File: 20240709_075509.jpg (750 KB, 1500x2000)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>>22718849
Scribing and painting the assault buster. Adding plaplate on other pieces.
>>
File: file.png (546 KB, 640x640)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
I'll be starting my first weathered build soon with an Ez8. I'm trying to recreate the condition from the Gouf battle where it rips off his arm. Does anyone have any weathering tips?

If it can help me at all, I have a soldering iron for burn marks from when I used to mod GC controllers
>>
I've got a clear plastic kit coming in a month or two, and I'm looking for ways to display it.
My first thought is to find a light up base like used to be popular for those laser etched prisms, but I can't find one that doesn't seem like trash.
>>
mfw no hexagear news
too busy working on pawn and parapawn 2.0
>>
Found buried treasure in an old box
>>
Anyone have experience with airbrushing lacquers with regards to needing or not needing primer? Does the lacquer adhere well enough to plastic that a real dedicated "primer" doesn't make much difference other than you wanted to really dramatically change the color and needed a really opaque solid basecoat under a poor coverage color or something like that?
>>
>>22721701
lacquer (tamiya ts) adheres to bare plastic pretty well. i would assume airbrushed actual lacquer paint would be the same too, i always prime when airbrushing.
>>
>>22720666
How are the stickers for the inside of the buster sword? On the official kit they're these super nice, thick, plastic ones that I don't think have really been used for much before. Curious if they would or even could clone them yet.
>>
>>22721313
Less is always more with weathering. If you're unsure, underdo it. You can always give it another pass later if you feel the need.
Try to keep scale and position in mind too. It's unlikely that say, the back of the knee will have had as much physical contact as the front of the knee, so it should be much closer to stock. An even level of wear across all points with no regard for how something might be protected when settling on a surface or avoid direct contact outright will make it look more like a damage state texture in a game and less like a carefully detailed kit. Having a 'story' in mind for how it's weathered is good too. You're going with a specific scene from the show, which is good, but try to envision how and how much the EZ-8 was probably used before that. A Londo Bell Jeagan involved in a scrap or two of high intensity space combat is going to look very different to a GM III that's just getting rotated off 12 months of counterinsurgency in a desert.
>>
is this gonna be a good recast? that ally shop has always been good with the 3D printed add-ons and shit i got from aliexpress.
>>
I miss the Mafia poster who posted the funny things to say in /gpg/ if I'm being real with you guys.
>>
File: IMG_0576.jpg (49 KB, 1290x394)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
How the fuck is this possible? It wasnt even listed yet and within 30 seconds its scalped to fuck all.
>>
>>22721850
bots
>>
>>22722082
How what the shit. I literally had it in my cart and was about to checkout.
>>
>>22721850
It's amazing to me that gunpla has grown so much and Bandai are insisting on shitting away that growth the same way Nike did and are currently paying the price for.
>>
>>22721850
What p-bandai is that? P-bandai US hasn't even started the open order period, it's later tonight.
>>
>>22722095
Gunpla is so beloved in SEA that they refuse to acknowledge it. Hell I see girls go buy kits and are gunpla enthusiasts. They could have a satellite store and they could be raking in profits.
>>
>>22722101
PBandai Asia listed it earlier.
>>
>>22722102
They acknowledge it, you guys are just poor and don't have that much purchasing power
>>
>>22722107
I'll buy 2 just to honor your loss
>>
>>22722108
Oh you underestimate seafags.
>>
>>22722111
I had to order it to some connections that I have so Im good.
>>
fake thread
>>
>>22721398
It's WonFes this month, Koto are probably gonna be there showing stuff off.
>>
>>22721850
You could just fucking wait until tonight, retard.
>>
>>22722139
He's a SEAchad
>>
>>22722142
This is an American site. Euroniggers, seaniggers, kangarooniggers and everyone else can get the FUCK out.
>>
>>22722147
BASED
>>
>>22722147
Americans don't even like mecha.
>>
>>22722147
Keep seething fag.
>>
Is pre-thinning lacquer paints a bad idea? I thought that was what everybody does, but I'm seeing people talk about how it reduces the shelf-life extremely.
Is it more likely what I'm seeing is people buying paint to use for 1 specific kit and they're just prethinning a large amount to use for that 1 project and then the paint is toast?
>>
I'm not sure if any of you guys do 3D printing, but do you know where I would find 3mm detail plugs? I know that Bandai makes some for their 30mm models but I like the look of these 3D printed ones.
>>
>>22718849
Just finished up my Full Armor Atlas
>>
>>22722147
Leaf bros .. not like this .
>>
>>22724775
just pretend that "americans" refer to continental """americans"""
>>
File: 20240712_125118.jpg (2.91 MB, 4000x2252)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>Leo's for $10 at Hobby Lobby
I might buy a dozen
>>
>>22724558
cool concept but wee bit top heavy for my tastes

>>22725077
last time I went to Hobby Lobby this twink at the register tried to gaslight me into thinking gunpla wasn't covered by sales. Fuck you, Carl.
>>
How do you guys paint ABS parts with lacquers? From what I can tell you're supposed to prime it with Gaia multi primer, but I can't seem to get my hands on that in europe.
>>
>>22725104
Just prime it with lacquer based primer.
>>
>>22725120
isn't the solvent in both lacquers and enamels supposed to be what breaks the ABS or am I missing something? Sounds counter intuitive to protect the ABS from lacquer by priming it with laqcuer. Or is the formula in primer not as bad? I use mr surfacer
>>
>>22725127
Lacquer solvent melts all plastic, but it's not an issue when it evaporates quickly during airbrushing.
Enamel solvent has a freak reaction with ABS and turns it brittle.
>>
>>22725091
every time I buy from hobby lobby the old lady at the checkout has to take 10 minutes to find the manager and ask if the kit I'm buying is a "build able kit". the one time it didn't happen was when I was rung up by some 18yo guy who got me through the checkout process in sub 1 minute.
>>
File: IMG_0685.jpg (298 KB, 1290x2547)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>22724558
I just cant with those chicken legs.
>>
>>22725127
Just don't lay it on super wet, at least not at first. layer on a few coats. That way the solvent will evaporate off quickly and not damage the plastic. If you need a specific finish from the primer, you can do a wet coat after you have some coverage
>>
>>22725134
>>22725142
Ah okay cool ty, basically spray it on in a way where it doesn't get to lay wet on the bare plastic for long, got it.
Do you prime the parts assembled or disassmbled? Saw a tip that the stress of tight fits contributes to breakages, but I'm kind of in a situation where I want to cement some parts together over others
>>
>>22725153
I would only worry about the joints desu. But if you want to cement parts first you can prime and paint subassemblies. Or you can use modeling putty to fill the parts in after priming and assembly, and do a light prime again for consistency
>>
File: 1714748318597702.jpg (536 KB, 2048x1669)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>this in warehouse
>am gunner in warehouse
>gawain in warehouse
I can motherfucking feel the shipping charge raping me already
>>
File: file.jpg (98 KB, 763x738)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I bought a compressor with an air tank, but this one part came slightly bent, likely due to shipping damage. Should I return it? Other than that, everything seems and looks perfect. I believe that part isn't even attached to the air tank and seems to house electrical wires. Any thoughts?
>>
>>22725974
That looks like a cover, but you can never be too sure. If the tank itself is damaged that's pretty serious
>>
Decided to try my hand at painting finally. Going to be painting my Omegamon X in the style of Alter-S. These are some of things I bought and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything. Like, does the thinner I bought only apply the metallic series of colors, or do I need a standard color thinner as well? I think I'm also missing a primer and a tool cleanser.
>>
File: 20240713_201757.jpg (689 KB, 4000x3000)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
>>22728252
Forgot pic
>>
anyone have a method for a mirror-like gold on ABS?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.