[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

not sure if a random question thread is allowed and i'm sure i'm 99.9% misremembering but i vaguely remember reading somewhere (JPWiki?) that shows like Daiouja, Trider G7, Daitarn 3 (?), Zambot 3 (?) +/- make up a loose series together akin to the Robot Romance Trilogy

i've checked all their JPWikis but can't find any info. i remember it being called "Invincible"/"Muteki" series or something?
the robots look kinda the same and the titles are similar too. though this could be a coincidence since they're generic. also i seriously doubt Tomino's Daitarn 3 and Zambot 3 would belong to a random, irrelevant series but i still can't get it out of my head.

any info or general trivia on these shows would be appreciated if anyone would happen to know, since they seem to be non-existent among people in whatever place i check or frequent but have received subs already in one form or another (ARR)
(aimed mainly torwards Daiouja and Trider G7 since Daitarn 3 and Zambot 3 are popular in comparison)
>>
Trider G7 has the same brand as Zambot and Daitarn (the former being Muteki Robo Trider G7 while the latter two are Muteki Chojin Zambot 3 and Muteki Kojin Daitarn 3). The difference is that Yoshiyuki Tomino stopped being involved with the Muteki series AFTER Daitarn.

Daioja was made by most of the people who made Trider G7 so you can see it as a Muteki show in spirit.
>>
>>22724087
thanks for the quick confirmation and welp, excuse my sloppy research.
it turns out there is a source talking about these works. the first entry when searching "Muteki ShiRiーZu" in JP
>srw.wiki.cre.jp/wiki/無敵シリーズ
like Daitarn and Zambot, apparently Trider G7 and Daiouja share the same director too. and for some reason the first entry in the Eldran series, Raijin-Oh, is also grouped with the Muteki series on that link? lol.
also the Muteki series is apparently an 100% unofficial grouping? strange, since there is obvious consistency
>>
>>22724103
>there is obvious consistency
Such as?
>>
>>22724087
So, Daiouja is the Daltanious of Muteki?
>>
>>22724106
>Director (either Tomino or Katsutoshi Sasaki)
>Trider G7 and Daiouja share the same writer
>Mecha design
>Even more staff overlap like character designer, animators, etc. between Trider G7 and Daiouja
>Title
>apparently all aired back to back with the exception of First Gundam coming between Daitarn 3 and Trider G7, imaginably on the same timeslot
>>
>>22724115

More or less. Amusingly enough, I discovered Trider, Daioja, and Daltanious have the same director (Katsutoshi Sasaki).
>>
>>22724126
>>22724166
Sasaki was also the director of Transformers Headmasters hilariously
>>
>>22724166
And Toshio Furukawa voices both main characters in the latter two.
>>
>>22724326

And Super Robot Wars GC would have BOTH Daltanious and Daioja.
>>
>>22724079
I believed them being a trilogy is common knowledge?
>>
>>22724326
Damn, Furukawa was on a roll during that era.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.