[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SequelVolume1.jpg (318 KB, 1080x1538)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>going down the Gundam Manga rabbit hole
Why the fuck are they so unhinged and unique but every fucking time a gundam anime comes out its uninspired as fuck? Why do they keep retreading the same plot points over and over and over again
>>
>>22727152
spoiler one of the two types has a much larger budget
>>
Manga can be made by one or two people. They don't need to appease shareholders or advertisers to guarantee worthwhile investment. Making anime is also a mess of a process so they're encouraged to reuse ideas
>>
>>22727186
fuck much larger budget how many times can gundam rehash zeta???
>>
>>22727152
The past almost 2 decades (or more, this is just what I've seen) have been full of people complaining about shows not being Gundam enough, so Bandai often tries to be safer with its big budget works. On the other hand, Gundam manga is constantly coming out so there is room for a few of them to fail and thus Bandai is more ok with them taking risks. It doesn't help that a lot of the more recent attempts for Gundam anime to do something different haven't been the best quality for reasons other than not being Gundam enough.
>>
>>22727203
as many times as it makes money
>>
>>22727152
They lose way more money if an anime flops compared to a manga. And in order to be successful you need to appeal to the masses, and the masses prefer safe conventional stories over crude wacky schizoid ones.
>>
Manga is almost always more frequently crazy and experimental than anime is. Even if it's not super weird, there's stuff like horror that gets pretty consistent manga releases but rarely seems to attract the budget for a full anime.
>>
>>22727152
This manga isn't even about mechs or Gundam. It's basically X-Men for coomers
>>
>>22727848

Far more enjoyable than Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury. Especially since the Neos with Gundams (that we've been shown so far) are women.
>>
>>22727909
>Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury.
Not a high bar but true.
Everything is more fun than G-Bitch
>>
>>22727848
Sign me in
>>
>>22727909
>>22727981
>G-Witch out of nowhere
Obsessed
>>
>>22727152
Cause the money is in injection molding OP. Not riveting story telling.
>>
>>22727152
You know what I just want them to go all in on the over the top gothic aesthetic. Kind of like Warhammer 40k ridiculous designed for Gundams, with ridiculous etchings and etc. It would be nice.
>>
>>22728579

Not really. Both Despair Memory and WfM came out in the same year and both have female protagonists tied to Gundams. I've always brought up WfM in Despair Memory threads because the latter uses its female protagonists and its worldbuilding than the former.
>>
>>22727152
>Make UC themed manga
>Make the tech levels, atmosphere, and design direction absolutely nothing like UC

Why do they always do this?
>>
>>22729024
>>22727152
If this shit came out as a anime it would actually be garbage
>>
>>22727152
How is Gundam Thunderbolt?
>>
>>22729024
>>22729095

Meant to say "I've always brought up WfM in Despair Memory threads because the latter uses its female protagonists and its worldbuilding better than the former".

Now, to me, even Despair Memory as an anime would be better. However, I doubt it would air easily at the 1700/5:00PM timeslot meant for young audiences WfM was gunning for because we have Kaoris going at it butt naked in most chapters (no vagina hidden well and her nipples covered by her hair).
>>
>>22728848
In my case I'd like to see a Gundam story that takes place on a galactic scale and where the battlegrounds are alien worlds with unique fauna and flora...including one that is totally not!Planet 4546B from Subnautica, but with the fauna being so damn powerful and hostile that the factions have to use small nukes to scare them away and build equally large aquatic mobile armors to fight those.
>>22729024
Really want this manga to get an anime and then be part of an SRW roster. Only to watch how unhinged and crazy she is at times (not to mention everyone in shock as she pulls out a shotgun out of her guts)...and Char being very interested in her.
>>22729088
Because then it would be UC and people will think it's part of it.
>>
File: FAT4Sa9XsAEeEMS.jpg (587 KB, 1783x1289)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
Manga thread so I'm asking here, are there any scans for gundriver? I've seen it was translated and released in spanish at least.
>>
>>22727152
Welcome to Toshiki Inoue's writing for the Sequel manga.
>>
>>22729100
It’s great
>>
I just want a more fresh gundam anime. They all follow the exact same structure.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.