[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: frot not.png (1.14 MB, 1680x1050)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
Did (You) enjoy the Kriegsfront Tactics - Prologue?
>>
File: napalm sticks to kids.jpg (3.36 MB, 1680x4200)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
It's pretty neat.
>>
how long is the prologue? I played the demo they put out a while back and loved it, don't really feel the need to play another one before the main release though unless it's longer than like 2 hours
>>
>>22735572
I thought zecha tactics finally came out but it’s a different game
>>
>>22735583
2 hours should be fine for a relaxed run. Depends if you engage in the optional encounters (the patrols) or not. I have a bit over 4 hours in and run two laps over the map, played around in the garage and did the boss battle twice.
>before the main release
There's a lot of stuff that doesn't work, so I don't know when that's going to happen.
>part weight shown but not calculated
>sanity meter's just there for show, hopefully it won't devolve into X-COM's shitshow
>no repairs and no restocking on shoulder weapons ammo outside of dialogue options
>can only swap handheld weapons at the garage despite them being, well, hand held
What's there is bare bones but the combat system is delicious, give it a try if you want to sample it and then get frustrated because of how little there is of it.
>>
>>22735603
Was going to make a joke about how Votoms-like it is but eh, it's pretty cool. https://x.com/i/status/1663576106849402882
>>
>>22735572
The dialogue is poorly translated, the graphics are muddy, and the story is a cliche. But holy shit is that gameplay good

>>22735604
Sanity meter isn’t just for show, I had one of my guys snap during the final mission and he got big debuffs, something like -25% accuracy and -2 movement
>>
>>22735673
>I had one of my guys snap during the final mission and he got big debuffs, something like -25% accuracy and -2 movement
How? Another character went down outside of a cutscene?
>>
>>22735673
>The dialogue is poorly translated
[citation needed]
>the graphics are muddy
They're supposed to evoke the ps1 style of 3d, aren't they? I guess that's an acquired taste. They're in a tropical forest, I think there would be plenty of mud there.
>the story is a cliche
Isn't it supposed to be? From what the little snippet in the prologue showed, I think the developers have a clear idea as to what kind of story they want to tell.
>But holy shit is that gameplay good
Yeah, it's a treat. I feel like it spoiled the Front Mission remakes for me already.
>>
I've done one full engagement and I liked it a lot. Hope the devs manage to wrangle it into a good product.
>>
>>22735724
NTA, but:
Graphics settings: "anti aliansing"
Opening railroaded fight: "the damage were" classic ESL confusion on the use of was/were, double embarrassing as this is voice acted.
The jank script plus the slav levels of childish profanity massively detracts from any weight in the dialogue. The amateur voice acting doesn't help this at all. They need a rewrite by a native English speaker.
I wouldn't say the graphics are muddy, but they really need a competent designer to color grade the game. Lots of clashing colors combined with all the overly bright UI elements make the game look cheap as hell. Weapons also use too many particles, adding to the cartoonish/mobage look.
No controller support. Inexcusable and irredeemable.
That's the point at which I force quit the game so I can't comment on the story or gameplay. The mecha look nice I guess?

Between this and Dual Gear I am really wondering what it is that makes Front Mission combat flow so hard to capture.
>>
>>22735724
Dialogue-wise there’s a ton of examples o where they fail to pluralize terms
>>
File: 20240723150957_1.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
wtf was his problem?
>>
>>22742176
Hating k*reans is a problem now?
>>
>>22742184
Are they Koreans? I thought the enemy were some kinda Philippine or Malaysian
>>
>>22742184
>>22742205
They're very obvious indonesians, it's not subtle
>>
>>22742456
The studio is Indonesian, so it makes sense.
>>
>>22742463
There's actually some pretty neat historical in-jokes for people who get it, like how the US faction is actually based on the East India Company
>>
I enjoyed it, the setting is fun and is the type of thing you usually dont find outside of mods

will buy it when it actually comes out, always need more mech games if im being honest

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.