[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: charter.jpg (270 KB, 1000x563)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
NOOOOOO NOT A HUNK OF ROCK WITH WRITING ON IT, MY POLITCALLY INFLUENTIAL BILLIONAIRE FAMILY STANDS NO CHANCE
>>
>>22735736
>Kill 100's in fight to reveal retarded piece of rock
>Finally reveal it to the world
>Nobody cares
>Fly away in colony builder knowing you will never be as based as your father
God I fucking hate Mineva
>>
>>22735736
>I, EF Bigwig, am voiding the charter on grounds that it was made and kept in secrecy without the will of the people
Give me one good reason why this wouldn't work.
>>
>>22735800
Or they could just say it's fake and gay, most people just believe whatever is most convenient for their own comfort. Has Fukui ever paid attention to politics, ever? Plus even without all the advancements in real life since then (like how you could fake stuff like this via AI tech or whatever) I don't see how Syam has anything that could possibly prove this is a genuine article.
>>
>>22735770
Mineva settled on the moon and her descendants became the Soreil family.
>>
File: 1600911495951.jpg (387 KB, 2048x1536)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>
>>22735817
There's zero chance this quote is real, the pottery is too much.
>>
>>22735821
The one about him being Japanese Tom Clancy is real at least.
>>
Oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>22735814
>Mineva settled on the moon and her descendants became the Soreil family.
Turn A is already confirmed to be an AU and not canon to UC and it got recently reconfirmed as that now with reconguista in the list of AUs.
>>
>>22735871
So...did Banager get a Sore Domo from banging...her?
>>
>>22735736
>another UC charter post
*yawns*
>>
>>22736050
More like UC sharter, am I right guys????
>>
File: one-piece-five-elders.jpg (225 KB, 1400x700)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>NOOOOOO NOT A HUNK OF ROCK WITH WRITING ON IT, MY POLITCALLY INFLUENTIAL BILLIONAIRE FAMILY STANDS NO CHANCE
>>
>>22735736
When are they going to deliver on their foreshadowing of aliens in UC?
>>
>>22735871
No, all Gundams are AUs of Turn A. Turn A is the true history of Gundam: Every Earth ends up being destroyed in an apocalypse and humanity regresses to the dark ages; the different AUs are just telling the backstory of that true story.
>>
>>22735736
>literal affirmative action being enshrined in the constitution
Zeon confirmed Leftists
>>
>>22736640
I always knew Zeon was based.
>>
>>22735736
The only people who think this is meaningless are people who are psychopaths at heart.
>>
>>22736640
Oh no, how will all the disenfranchised white male nepobabies ever recover!?
>>
>>22736637
Anon, they already confirmed that turn a is just an AU where alternate versions of other series happenned in one same world and are not canon to any of the previous series.
Your post is literally fanfiction.
>>
>>22736902
UC2 proves that Unicorn was never meant to be the End Of Gundam, yet you incessantly want Unicorn to be the last Gundam series ever made
>>
>>22736714
By exiling the newtypes to deep space.
>>
>>22736064
That actually makes sense though
>>
>>22736623
It wasn't even talking about actual aliens, but alien pathogens. Which honestly is something way more worth putting into a space-age charter than "maybe advanced space humans will come along and we better pre-emptively enshrine special rights for them".

Also I think it happens in one of the Crossbone sequels.
>>
>>22736986
I'm not the anon defending unicorn and saying it's the end of gundam. I'm just saying turn a and g reco are AUs and not canon to UC. The final chronological story is victory.
>>
>>22737171
Yes, there's an alien pathogen in Crossbone Ghost. It turns people into goop and was going to be integrated into Zanscare's Angel Halo before they decided a giant goop maker isn't as good a weapon as turning a planet into a bunch of babies.
>>
>>22735809
Governments just ignoring their crimes until it's too late for anything to be changed or for any reparations to be given is a frequently used tactic and anyone who thinks otherwise is uneducated.
>>
>>22735736
It gives colonies more of a reason to seek independence from the Federation, because they're not being given proper representation in the Federation assembly even though the original charter said it would promise evolved people from space representation. Not sure if you remember, but Full Frontal's entire Co-Prosperity Sphere plan was about getting the colonies to build a parallel economy, excluding the Earth and basically refusing to be governed by the Earth.
>>
>>22735821
It was part of the pre-show presentation for when Gundam NT was in theaters. It's 100% real.
>>
>>22742949
Stop ban evading.
>>
>>22736687
>The only people who think this is meaningless are people who are psychopaths at heart.
The people here get off on pretending they don't have any feelings and larping as psychopaths because its the only way for them to ignore the fact they're chronic sufferers of Shit Life Syndrome (a very real thing, look it up)
The bit they don't realize is it takes being vulnerable with people people for them to open up and trust you. Ambiguity and complexity are necessary parts of adult life but they'd usually rather scream about it like apes to feel safe than act like adults, and then they wonder why folks who actually get their lives together want nothing to do with them.
It wasn't always like this: Pre 2012 this was a pretty good community, but after the gg psyop farce everybody with creative and interesting opinions left, mostly only leaving mouthbreathers and folks who come here purely out of habit.

In terms of real politics, the UC charter would at least inspire a counter-insurgency movement far surpassing that of Contolism and later, Zeonism and one with a much much longer shelf-life and likewise it would ensure there would always be new versions of those movements much in the same way religious texts are great at producing folks who fight for causes without fully understanding their consequences. This would then logically lead to people taking advantage of all that outrage and enthusiasm, and using it to deliberately crush any such movement by ensuring they would always be painted as the villains.

Which is... Kinda... What we actually see, in late UC like AoZ and post-UC such as Gaia Gear

If there's one thing I hate about UC, its how completely fucking hopeless it is in terms of meaningful change and its one of the reasons I stopped following Gundam and think late UC is a shitshow for kids who are into pirates.

Its just completely unsatisfying unless you want to larp WWII or the cold war in space forever.
>>
>continued
this is basically why most people fatigue on Gundam after consuming all of it
Gundam comes really close to doing really amazing things, but it always backs down at the last moment like some kind of political cocktease.

Its a problem most mecha media has honestly: with any long duration story, you have to maintain the war to still have giant robots, but catharsis and resolution needed to have a satisfying story can't work because you need to still have giant robots and thus it has to be a forever war

What Gundam unironically needs is a series where the war was already won and we have robots for some reason other than fighting -- and while we can still use them for fighting, there's a reason to have them outside of fighting
>>
>>22743004
>>22743007
Words written on a document can do nothing on their own.
GTFO with your nonsensical stream-of-consciousness ramblings, Reddit-Spacing-kun.
The EFSF is totally dominant until well-past UC 100 and no stupid tablet is going to change that as the politicians who want power but also want to avoid responsibility will twist its meaning or discredit it entirely depending on the situation in the same way that the two phrases "shall not be infringed" and "substantive due process" are to this very day.
>>
>>22735736
Did anyone ever explain how either:
-the entire world agreed to let one group of bumblefucks write their constitution totally in secret without at least leaving a copy of the full draft on someone's laptop or a napkin or something, or
-how they managed to bribe literally every high official that knew about the full text into not giving a shit part of it was edited out via explosions?
like I know Fukui doesn't know shit for dick on how the world works, but how in the fuck did no one in the writer's room give him the side eye on this one

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.