[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (3.32 MB, 1092x1500)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
Something kinda about the fact that this entry is the only one in SEED where their goal is to completely eradicate the enemy force keeps sitting on my mind.
In SEED they force a ceasefire and Yzak & Dearka defect and are spared.
In Destiny Shinn & Luna are spared along with most of the Mineva crew
But in this entry they wipe out everyone in foundation.
It's like Gundam's exiting its "pacifist" era and going back to just killing your enemies.
IBO was also pretty unapologetic about use of force.
>>
>>22739813
It was basically a movie meant to please the fans (which I think is really the best movie for how short these Gundam movies are while also trying to establish a new era and conflict, 00's movie was a mistake), so the villains are just there to be killed off like what you'd see in Toei movies running manga.

I don't think it suggests any larger trend.
>>
>>22739849
Yeah this was the impression that I got. It’s just an excuse to get the cast back together again, have some cool action scenes, and have the good guys beat the bad guys.
>>
Kira's gotten a bit more unhinged when it comes to killing over the years, kind of odd considering that Foundation is arguably less dangerous than ZAFT and the EFSF wanting complete nuclear annihilation of the opposing race since they just want the Destiny plan but without lying about being tyrannical
>>
>>22739813
Because Kira was so assmad about being tucked he forgot that he doesn't like killing. Like Lacus gives them a speech implying they will let them live just for Kira to immediately kill them. Also with Shinn on their side of course he will kill literally anything he can get away with.
>>
>IBO was also pretty unapologetic about use of force.
leave it to the brown to say peak fucking retardation
>>
It feels like it was written to be a semi-disposeable movie to be released a few years after Destiny. The 20 year wait and the general expectations of a Char's Counterattack equivalent to complete the set sorta skewed it.
>>
>>22740382
Shinn mimics Kira’s disable-only policy while he’s piloting Justice. He only gets into slaughter mode against the Black Knights.
>>
Let's look at Team Kira's record for killing the main blonde pretty boy
>Rau
Tries too talk him down but he's too far gone. forced to kill him.
>Rey
Disabled his mobile suit, starts making some progress on talking him down, gets stopped by Talia
>Orphee
Tells him to find true happiness with Ingrid, kills him immediately after
>>
>>22740443
Kira must hate blondes kills Stella too
>>
>>22739813
Shinn and Luna should have been executed honestly but Kira's too nice.
>>
>>22740485
By that logic, so should Athrun, Yzak, Dearka, and Mu.
>>
Meh, SEED is just like Marvel movies to me
UC is like where the absolute cinema is
>>
>>22739849
Same with Re;Surrection. Lelouch gets brought back to life to please fans and all the villains in that movie die.
>>
>>22740409
It's funny how Shinn's strategy of kill the fuck out of everything actually works when he's on Kira's side.
>>
>>22740492
Yzak and Dearka are in an arguably worse position, since it's pretty directly implied the only reason they weren't charged for destroying the evacuation shuttle was because Durandal bailed them out. Shinn and Luna have only ever killed enemy combatants. I guess Mwu got off on an insanity plea, if he even legally exists anymore
>>
File: 1707117900040154.jpg (439 KB, 1466x2048)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>22740382
>>22740443
>Kira kills Orphee right after Lacus's speech
Blame Orphee for still sperging out afterwards
>>
File: OIP.jpg (11 KB, 474x237)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>22740708
>mommy mandated gf literally designed for him rejects him
I'd be mad too
Come to think of it the core story of SEED FREEDOM is literally just shrek, Shinn takes the place of puss in boots
>>
Is everyone in CE just cartoonishly written?
>>
>>22740496
>absolute cinema
Which one? Gundam NT? Or G Savior? Or the mommy complex episode that is CCA?
UC and CE are both the same level of low IQ wish fulfillment. THey have nothing on Turn A. CC is absolute cinema. Not UC Charbage.
>>
>>22740720
Natarl was okay, thankfully she didn't live to be fucked up in destiny
Some of them aren't even written though, like whoever that blind priest is
>>
I just woke up from a coma, what the fuck is this? The SEED movie finally got made after all these years?
>>
>>22740774
Yeah it’s fucking hilarious(ly good)
>>
>>22740727
Blind priest was going to be the final boss at some point.
>>
>>22739813
They just made Foundation so over the top evil so nobody could possibly think they were in the right. Which meant they were all over the top evil who had to be killed and wouldn't defect. It's like how in both Seed and Destiny everyone from EA post Alaska died because they were genocidal nutjobs.
>>
>>22740776
It was mediocre actually, not as bad as Destiny tho, but because G-Witch that aired before was so bad that it make Seed Freedom miles better than it should be.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.