[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I just bought a model kit of Double X but haven't actually watched the season, explain to me how the Twin Satellite Cannon works. Because my current understanding is Tiffa sends a magic microwave beam from the moon to charge Double X, and somehow that isn't reflected back by the reflectors[?] that are already opened wide.
>>
>>22741653
Double X has a built-in flash system so it doesn't need a Newtype like Tiffa to connect with satellite base.
DX connects with the moon, gets a charge then shoots.
The reflectors allows it get more energy

https://youtu.be/Iq-XUMiePr8?si=F6_oFku3DIbaG3lx
>>
>>22741724
>The reflectors allows it get more energy
What? From where? The moon beam lands squarely on the chest sensor thing.
>>
>>22742160
That's a targeting laser. You really should watch the show.
>>
>>22742160
The beam is just a laser that transmits a signal. Once that connection is established by the laser hitting the chest receiver, the moon transmitter beams microwaves down to that location that are absorbed by the reflectors. It's quick enough that you'd be forgiven for thinking the laser is what charges the cannons. Like 0.5 seconds between the two if I remember right.
>>
>>22742160
Watch the episode where Garrod uses the moon microwave to vaporize a large pond
>>
>>22742160
Even the first episode of X shows clearly how it works.
The laser establishes connection, then the microwave comes down.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.