[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GTWHHB5WkAEFvhN[1].jpg (602 KB, 812x903)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order/products/816726023960-panzer-world-galient-complete-series-blu-ray

This feels like it came the hell out of nowhere. When did Sentai even last release a Sunrise mecha show?
>>
>>22745337
Holy shit this is awesome!
>>
>>22745337
It's weird to see someone other than Discotek show interest in a more obscure old show
>>
File: GeordiLaForge.jpg (11 KB, 220x333)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>22745337
>Joldy
Isn't it Jordy?
>>
>>22745455
They do it occasionally, I'm pretty sure they are the ones that did the Ideon US Blu-Rays.
>>
>>22745550
I think that was Maiden Japan. Either way, snap that shit up fast because knowing them it’s going to go out of print very fast and become obscenely expensive
>>
>>22745455
>>22745550
Sentai used to do these kinds of releases more regularly. Feels like it only happens every blue moon now.

>>22745561
Sentai owns Maiden Japan, don’t they? So pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>22745561
>snap that shit up fast because knowing them it’s going to go out of print very fast and become obscenely expensive
I think it'll be a bit tricky to say if this will be the next Ideon. Dunbine is plentiful.
>>
>>22745670
Votoms was pretty easy to snag too. At least when I got it. I haven't actually checked any major anime store ever since rightstuf got swallowed by crunchy
>>
>>22745670
> Dunbine is plentiful

I dunno, I was kinda worried when I got it for a massive discount.
>>
>>22745767
Massive discounts mean surplus stock.
>>
>>22745455
Discotek not having monopoly over old shit is just good in general. Just like Media Blasters and Shout doing Toku stuff.
>>
>>22745337
Is this an actual upscale/remaster or is it SD-BD?
>>
>>22745873
>Media Blasters
Crazy how they are still around. I'm annoyed that my copy of Divine Wars has a problem with the last disk and the last couple of episodes won't play. I figure they cheapened out on the cdrs they use.
>>
>>22745873
Hey I'm all for it. Just surprising is all. Though I imagine a lot of old ADV staff are probably still there so maybe it's not that weird.
>>
>>22745550
I was out of the game for a few years and I missed that release. Just looked it up on ebay and all I can say is... fuck. I wish re-licensing after a period was more common practice.
>>
>>22745873
Even Discotek employees have talked about how there's room for another old shows-focused company in the industry. Too bad there just seems to be no one else interested/able to get off the ground.
>>
>>22746118
Last I heard Sentai said that it was out of stock not out of print, but that was also 5 years ago. I just hope after their license runs out someone like Discotek gets it.
>>
>>22745591
So, Sentai never owned Maiden Japan. Sentai, Maiden, Switchblade, Kraken, and the rest were all technically independent companies, using Section 23 Films as their distributor; the same guy, however, was the founder & top guy at Sentai and Section 23, which also made it convenient to use the Sentai site as the group's main webstore. Even though it wasn't announced as such, AMC seems to have grabbed all the Section 23 affiliated companies, when they acquired Sentai & Section 23; and after a quick search, looks like Maiden was officially dissolved this year, at least as a business operating from Texas. Also, maybe of some interest, Maiden Japan was only its operating name; the company's real name was Unio Mystica Holdings, LLC.
>>
>>22745337
Was expecting Discotek to do it instead.
>>
>>22745534
Let's go JoJo instead.
>>
>>22746884
>Sentai, Maiden, Switchblade, Kraken, and the rest were all technically independent companies, using Section 23 Films as their distributor; the same guy, however, was the founder & top guy at Sentai and Section 23, which also made it convenient to use the Sentai site as the group's main webstore.
Oh yeah, I remember that. Everyone thought that all of them being separate companies on paper was some tax-dodging bullshit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.