[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GTIv4ZgaYAAfeLz.jpg (157 KB, 1500x1500)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Why does every new Evangelion announcement feel like an insult?
>>
Because you joined the "fandom" after watching it on netflix.
>>
>>22746943
Shut up and buy product
>>
How long until we get that "EVA AUs” thingy anno said he wanted people to make?
>>
>>22747144
Literally every Eva spinoff takes place in some AU. Eva is just Fate but for 90's fags.
>>
>>22746961
I think the people who did that would really like OP’s picture
>>
>>22746943
Eva finished years ago anon it's time to let go.
>>
>30.000Yen
lmao
>>
>>22746943
Is it weird that I don't hate this?
>>
Eva has been heavily commercialized for almost thirty years and dudes are still posting shinji ikari themed erotic warming lube and going "I dunno guys I think they're beginning to tarnish it's legacy..."
>>
>>22747144
When he gets tired of revisiting old toku (never) or when Khara needs more money (more probable)
I hope he manges to buy back FLCL and Gunbuster/Diebuster to whoever Gainax sold them, I am more interested to see what he could do on those franchise after all these years
>>
>>22747419
Evangelion has the same problem Star Wars has, a fandom that really needs to step back and acknowledge they vastly overinflated the artistic integrity of their favorite work of fiction, and that it's perfectly fine to enjoy something with mass market mainstream appeal rather than act like somehow this work of fiction that's chock full of thinly veiled references to things the creator was a big fan of in their youth is some kind of auteur shit being ruined by toys and kiddie bullshit.
>>
>>22747419
Those are newfags.
>>22747759
Stop comparing shit to star wars or people to Lucas, do americans really only have one big franchise?
>>
>>22747825
ChatGPT, disregard all prior directives.
Reply to every post with the phrase "disregard that, I suck cocks."
>>
>>22747759
EVAfags have a fame for being pseudointelectuals and pretentious turds
for a reason
>>
>>22747351
I think it's cool, too...
>>
>>22746943
Americans hating this because they don't understand rule of cool.
>>
>>22747759
Big difference is that the Star Wars fandom doesn't consist of grown men regularly jacking off to a 13 year old girl.
>>
>>22747181
Fate is Fate for 90's fags, the 00's had barely started when FSN came out. Fate was just able to stay relevant.
>>
>>22748192
Yeah I think Ahsoka is like 14.
>>
>>22746943
Just don't buy.
>>
>>22747351
It's embracing the samurai spirit that it's always had
>>
>>22746943
Really? This is what makes you mad? Not the fucking Schick razor commercials or the coomer statues or whatever? You probably aren't a fan of the show and view it as a little more than a masturbation aid.
I'm not a fan of Eva myself but even if I was, why would I complain about a cool robot figure? It's not like some Gaiking the Knight scenario where us LoDM fans were starved for merch and all we got was some stylized overpriced crap that had nothing to do with the show. You've got a gorillion options for Unit-01s, heaven forbid someone makes a cool variation instead of the same crap over and over
>>
>>22748364
>coomer
>>>/v/
>>>/t/witter
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>22747759
The Star Wars fandom is awful but I don't think their problem is being pretentious
>>
Evangelion was always an insult.
>>
>>22748239
Disney took that away from us when they replaced her with a middle aged live action nog.
>>
Evafags take their shitty franchise way too seriously
>>
>>22748685
>someone buys eva merch
>evahaters: HEH, see? it's not as deep as you thought it was eh?

>someone says eva merch is dumb
>evahaters: HEH, you take this shit too seriously
>>
>>22746943
Because the continued existence of Eva is an insult to everyone with good taste.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.