[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1654864816353.jpg (85 KB, 960x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
This show makes no fucking sense what so ever. I cannot understand what anybody's motivations are.
Why does Char want to fight for the AEUG? To prolong a conflict between them both so Axis Zeon can show up and take them both out? Because Contolism? Because Lalah's ghost?
Why does Kamille fight? Because Jerid called him a pussy?
Why does Bright fight? Because he got slapped around?
Why does Katz fight? Because hurr durr 'me angry orphan grr'?
What's Amuro's major malfunction? For that matter, what the fuck is wrong with Beltorchika??? She's crazier than Katejina. Katejina was just more violent.

"The Titans are bad." Okay, cool. That makes sense. "Zeon bad." Or "Feddies made me do it under threat of execution" made total sense in 0079. Titans are evil. It's painfully obvious. That should be all the motivation these characters need. They have more trouble figuring out their reason for fighting than Zero in Megaman X4.
>>
In fact the characters with the only sensible reasoning in the show are the people the Titans/Federation Ludovico technique'd into becoming cyber newtypes. "Kill Kamille and the sky will stop falling." "Destroy the Mk II and you get your memories back." That makes more sense than whatever else is going on.
When asylum patients make more sense than your supposedly 'sane' characters, then your show's writing is atrocious.
>>
>>22824164
>This show makes no fucking sense what so ever. I cannot understand what anybody's motivations are.
Stop speedwatching.
>>
>>22824173
1 episode a day is 'speed watching'?
>>
>>22824164
It's gonna get worse
>>
>>22824164
>Why does Char want to fight for the AEUG?
Char wants to live up to the idea of his father but doesn't have the guts to be a leader, so he dips from Axis, since they would have thrust leadership upon him, and became a pilot for the AEUG because that's all he knows how to do.
>Why does Kamille fight?
Because he was an angry autist surrounded by assholes. He lived on a military base for the painfully obviously evil Titans, was mocked by his peers over his name, had a nonexistent family life because his mom was too involved with work and his dad was having an affair and the one time he stood up for himself he had an MP calling him a terrorist. Then the Titans killed his mom, his dad tried to kill him and finally he found out how evil the Titans were at Colony 30.
>Why does Bright fight?
Bright already had issues with the Federation because they treated everyone from the White Base like shit. They gave him a joke position and then held his family hostage to ensure his loyalty. He also already didn't like the way the Titans operated, since the way he saw it they were just inciting more conflict. When he brings this up in Zeta, after their aforementioned methods got a bunch of residential areas flattened, they kicked his shit in and he decided enough was enough.
>Why does Katz fight?
Because he saw Amuro fighting on the White Base and grew up to idolize and want to emulate him without realizing why he fought or how much it sucked.
>What's Amuro's major malfunction?
Fighting a war at 15 years old fucked him up, then newtype shit with Lalah doubly fucked him up. Then the government locked him up.
>what the fuck is wrong with Beltorchika???
She was orphaned by the OYW and became obsessed with Amuro because of his exploits during the war. Her conniptions are because she's trying to make the Amuro in front of her fit the image of Amuro she has in her head.
>>
>>22824179
Unless you're dissecting every episode with a rewatch of at minimum 3 times with the proper subs, then you are speedwatching.
>>
>>22824164
You type like a woman.
>>
I think Char's whole deal is that he kind of sincerely believed in the AEUG's cause, didn't he? He went in a Zeon infiltrator and stuck around because he liked it, and was worried about Haman eventually coming over and screwing everything up
>>
File: download.jpg (26 KB, 600x600)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>22824374
If you're stupid enough to need three watches to absorb something(let alone thinking something like zeta being complex enough to warrant this level of fake pseudo intellectualism). Then you are peak midwit.
>>
>>22824466
I bet you don't even chew when you eat.
>>
>>22824466
I didn't realize Eva, I mean Zeta was 2deep4me watching. I guess I am lowly speedwatcher.
>>
>>22824466
This.
>>
>>22824164
are you an actual retard
>>
>>22824356
That makes more sense than the show.
Maybe it's just the dialog. Or I got shit subs.
>>
>>22824522
You clearly are retarded considering the poster said Zeta is not particularly complex and shouldn't take that much mental effort to comprehend. If it does, then you're probably retarded.
>>
>>22824704
Guess I need to watch each episode 5 times then to truly understand peak mecha.
>>
>>22824721
No you just need to kill yourself.
>>
>>22824724
That's not very tomino newtype of you. Not a real fan.
>>
why are people replying to this thread as if they haven't seen the same fucking stale bait posted a gorillion times with this same exact OP image
are you people really that bored?
>>
>>22824760
zetarager posts dumb bait
/m/ induldges him until he has a meltdown
then he comes back when hes done with his spergout

we do this for 40 years and then we die.
>>
>>22824400
Something you'll never touch, nor be.
>>
Some of you would die if you ever read a book without pictures and it shows.
>>
>>22824164
You're, uh, pretty damn stupid aren't you?
>>
What is this guys deal? Actually.
>>
>>22824969
Wasn't he just Jerid but with actual talent?
>>
tomino's writing and directorial style is direct and straightforward but sometimes the pace of exposition is fucking breakneck. re-watching a scene here and there helped me immensely when watching zeta.
>>
>>22824969
He's a power-hungry man who is extremely cocky but knows how to play the game of military politics. He basically has the ambition of Jerid, the piloting skills of yazan and the political ability of Jamitov.
>>
>>22824733
>saying certain people need to die isn't Tomino newtype
Someone clearly didn't watch Zeta fully.
>>
>>22825637
0079 made al ot of sense. Is it because he had producers reining him in?
>>
File: 0 Quattro Sadjeena.png (379 KB, 600x1000)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>>22824164
100% agree with you, i enjoyed 0079 and ZZ more where it feels like Tomino actually knew how to write a script.

New Hong Kong is cool tho
>>
>Why does Kamille fight the military force occupying his homeland and who almost killed him through their sheer incompetence.
Every week these zetaranger rants get dumber.
>>
>>22825705
Episode 1 consists of Kamille being a brat about stuff. He didn't seem to give a shit about anything except skipping karate class up until Jerid insulted him. Then suddenly he cares about Earthsphere politicals? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>22825781
Earth sphere politics*
>>
>>22824733
How dumb do you have to be to act so smug when you completely misunderstood the original post? Zeta is not complex, and is in fact a show aimed at teenagers. If you actually can't understand it in a single watch then you are unironically illiterate or retarded. It's really that simple, if you needed multiple attempts to understand Zeta and pretend its a masterpiece then you are subhuman and not worth the oxygen you waste.
>>
>>22825648
I didn't know I was Scirocco tier for not getting Zeta fully.
>>22825981
Fine, I'll rewatch it 9 times to truly understand such complex material. Sorry I didn't get the best mecha material ever made the first time. Maybe then I'll become fully enlightened like you.
>>
>>22826022
So you're actually retarded, got it. No-one even said Zeta was a good show, I certainly don't think Zeta is worth even a first watch let alone multiple, but good job being so retarded that you couldn't understand that point. My point is that pseudointellectuals are dumb as dog shit if they really think you need to watch trash like Zeta more than once to understand it, considering it is aimed at 13 yr olds.
Seriously consider killing yourself you retarded faggot.
>>
>>22826053
Maybe I will but I'd like to try watching each episode at minimum 15 times first to understand the show in totality. Otherwise I'll die with the shame of being a speedwatcher and I can't have that.
>>
>>22826059
You're embarrassing yourself with every further post champ, keep displaying your stunning lack of reading comprehension and your terrible sense of humour more though. I'm sure you'll defeat all the annoying Zetafags in your head considering I'm not one of them, I think Zeta is hot fucking garbage.
>>
>>22826075
But I thought it was one of the best mecha shows ever made with each frame being absolute perfection. You mean to tell me the show it's flawed and a toddler could understand it. My 20 rewatch session is ruined! At least the robots look cool.
>>
>>22826080
>the show it's flawed
Good morning sar!
>>
>zetarager is aruging with his own retarded posse now
lole
>>
>>22825684
>ZZ
>actually write a script
bait or actual retard, call it
>>
File: Fraw4.gif (39 KB, 385x550)
39 KB
39 KB GIF
>>22826088
More like frawed.
lol
>>
>>22826090
>aruging
Is there anyone on this board who isn't a retarded ESL?
>>
>>22826109
Welcome to the zetarager threads. You can smell the street shitting through the screen.
>>
>>22826181
How many episodes does it take to understand India?
>>
>>22824698
Zeta has some very terrible subs floating around. I think the compilation in Nyaa uses those.
Tomino is also a bit quirky regarding how he explains his ideas.
>>
>>22824969
Remember what he said about a woman controlling the Earth Sphere? He wants to be the guy controlling that woman
>>
>>22824763
He hid his Anilist already after people began getting tired of him.
Let's move along and post Ple.
>>
>>22827602
OP here.
I like Purus.
>>
>>22824164
was rooting for Kamille and Reccoa to fuck to be honest, feels like a lot of their problems would've been resolved if that happened
>>
I'm surprised some shit light novel or manga tried an angle where KAMILLE'S DAD HAD A KID WITH HIS MISTRESS AND HE HAS A HALF-SIBLING WOAAAAH
>>
>>22828078
When I think about what i'm missing in life, side-stories about Kamille having a space autism temper tantrum isn't one of them.
>>
File: Img_1184194_62262204_0.jpg (137 KB, 538x786)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>22828129

What about side stories about Dr. Camille in the future?
>>
>>22828179
Is it about Doctor Kamille aborting Jewdough's unborn offspring with underaged Purus?
>>
>>22824164
Ideals, jack. What are yours?
It's not about the titans, it's about standing up to The Man.
>>
>>22824164
>She's crazier than Katejina. Katejina was just more violent.
Why did you watch Victory before Zeta?
>>
>>22828258
I didn't. I'm rewatching the UC Gundams for the first time since 2010.
>>
>>22828258
Victory is an AU with no bearing on the UC timeline.
>>
>Why is <<woman>> like this?
It's Tomino. Tomino only writes crazy batshit insane women. Women in Tomino's works are never logical. They're feelings.
>>
>>22825673
there was just less moving parts. zeta is pretty ambitious with how many factions and locations there are.
>>
>>22824164
Maybe youre illiterate or something.
>Why does Char want to fight for the AEUG?
Because he hates the Federation and their corrupt leadership, this is established multiple times over in the series. Of course he also wants to eliminate the Titans who aim for Earthnoid supremacy which Char is also established to oppose.
>Why does Kamille fight?
Because he gets arrested and beaten by the Titans for the disproportionately petty crime of starting a scuffle with one of their members. He immediately learns that they are a corrupt organization and once his mother dies at their hands he resolves to eliminate them. This is almost impossible to miss.
>Why does Bright fight?
Because he can tell the Titans are corrupt and are attempting to usurp the Federation Leadership. Everyone above immediately understands "Titans bad" and acts accordingly yet you seem to thin they dont? How?
>What's Amuro's major malfunction?
Dont know what you even mean. Amuro is only slightly less of an autist than Kamille.
>For that matter, what the fuck is wrong with Beltorchika???
She is an eccentric woman. Sometimes people are like that and you dont need a major justification to make your character act outgoing and eccentric when that is just their personality.
>>
>>22829294
I forgot this
>Why does Katz fight?
He like every other character understands "Titans bad" immediately, he also idolizes Amuro who was a child soldier and saved him during the previous war, so Katz aims to be like Amuro when the opportunity presents itself.
>>
File: 1662487848452749.png (1.17 MB, 1080x822)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>22824164
>"Why doesn't Amuro fight? Will he leave everything to the younger generation?..."
>"Char, give me a mobile suit."
>"No."

Jerid ended up being my favorite character because at least he was retarded in a straight-forward and understandable way.
The rest of the cast is either inconsistent or unrelatable, and fuck everyone who tries to pull 2deep4u shit.
>>
File: EOupNBUX0AA-MU6.jpg (430 KB, 805x860)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>
>>22829294
Kamille got what was coming to him. You don't go and start a fight with an elite anti-terrorist unit when they're in the area where all the terrorism happens (in this case; space).
Of course they're going to be the crap out of him. He suddenly attacks a soldier, then refuses to elaborate as to why?
>>
>>22829555
Jerrid was a fag who made comments that he couldnt back up. Kamille kicked his ass until the other MPs jumped in.
>>
>>22829643
>Jerrid was a fag who made comments that he couldnt back up.
That's his entire personality summed up in one sentence.
>>
>>22829722
Basically, I came back from the future
And Frieza was waiting for me,
And this nigga said
>>
>>22824164
zeta is literally harder to understand than eva. it introduces 5 trillion characters and 90 factions and a billion locations in the span of two episodes and then expects you to remember all of it.
>>
>>22830319
Neither zeta nor eva are hard to understand.
>>
File: 1709925579066521.jpg (62 KB, 640x476)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>22830300
>"Anonymous Poster No. 22830300 on 4chan's /m/ board is a stupid monkey."
>>
>>22824969
Jupiter's first attempt trying to take over the earth sphere through catspaws. They try again in F91 and Victory
>>
>>22830358
I feel as if Jupitersphere is a lot like Camelot.
A very silly place.
>>
>>22829341
Amuro asked for a specific mobile suit that the AEUG couldn't part with it, and then Char asks Amuro to go to space with them instead. There is no contradiction there whatsoever. Why is every criticism of Zeta in these threads based on people juts outright not having been able to comprehend basic facts about the.show?

https://youtu.be/Y8fXLPbgqyI?si=YvVZuv7PuTtPALqw&t=326
>>
>>22830525
Silly how?
>>
>>22830609
Because anything smarter than Avatar: The Last Airbender, a show on Nickelodeon for teenagers, is too smart for them.
>>
>>22830616
There are a lot of fat women on Jupiter because gravity is different and they all talk with a lisp. You know. Silly shit.
>>
>>22827118
>Tomino is also a bit quirky regarding how he explains his ideas.
This is the biggest thing. Tomino is almost completely allergic to exposition for better and for worse. He will have a damaged character freak out because they were raped and the trauma effects their relationships with males but never actually tell you that.

Also he writes women realistically as emotional creatures who should not be allowed in warfare outside of Emma.
>>
>>22830765
emma chewie...what a woman
>>
>>22830765
>Tomino is almost completely allergic to exposition
No he isn't.
>>
>>22830771
Ok
>>
>>22830616
They eat ham, and jam, and spam-a-lot.
>>
>>22830633
Avatar is a far smarter and better done show than any Gundam or mecha for that matter.
>>
>>22830319
And almost every single character, faction, and location is bland slop. What else can one expect from a toy show though?
>>
>>22830319
>>22831796
>bland slop
>hard to understand

Retards can't even bait consistently
>>
>>22831797
Learn to spot samefags, retard. You have no arguments.
>>
>>22831810
kek I obviously didn't think that those retards were the same person but thanks for self-reporting
>>
File: EY5H3hNUcAAY54z.jpg (125 KB, 1200x869)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
Did Kamile really had to throw a cripple from the summit of the Kilimanjaro? What kind of hero does that?
>>
>>22832259
I dunno what was sillier: Jerid thinking he had a chance to win, or him managing to survive in that state
>>
>>22824698

Hello, I am dropping in to say a blasphemy: the Zeta dub is awesome. Especially the guy who did Yazan
>>
>>22824164
The main thing I always notice about OP's pic is the Nemo in the background and then I get sad that it didn't get a single kill throughout Zeta
>>
>>22832259
Genuinely out of your mind if you didn't think Jerid had that shit and worse coming.
>>
>>22832259
a based one.
>>
>>22824164
char is half-assing an attempt at a reform.
>>
>>22832259
Well, the cripple did kill his girlfriend (after the fact).
>>
>>22824164
>This show makes no fucking sense what so ever
I know, two episodes in a nd they're kicking the shit out of Bright, commander of White Base, the guy who de facto led Star One after Revil's death. Who do these titans think they are?
>>
>>22824698
Or maybe you just aren't as smart as you think.
>>
>>22832259
stupid ESL
>>
>>22839785
Maybe I'm not! Maybe that's why I'm asking questions!
Maybe it's dumber to keep your mouth shut sometimes? Maybe everyone knows I'm an idiot now. But maybe that also means that now I can be taught, instead of just stewing around in my idiocy like you stew around in your ball sweat.
>>
>>22832743
Despite it being dubbed by Ocean's budget studio: it's a good dub. I think the same studio also did G Gundam and DBGT.
>>
>>22824374
this is a joke right please tell me this is a joke.

the sad truth is I love mecha anime for he mecha but like with nearly all anime the writing is just awful
>>
>>22824400
how does someone write like a woman exactly?
>>
>>22829159
Emma is rather logical...
>>
>>22843538
I'm certain it's a joke, but Zeta is the kind of show that you can catch more things on a rewatch. This is mostly due to Tomino sometimes having a habit of briefly mentioning things that aren't particularly important to the plot, but help the viewer understand the characters, and then quickly moving on.
>>
What happened to this board? It's gone schizo.
>>
File: Haman_Karn_(Rose).jpg (63 KB, 960x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I drank the Haman kool-aid. Am I a faggot now?
>>
>>22824164
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1816974609637417112

sub human the White cockroach's all go to hell die
>>
>>22839974
>in my idiocy like you stew around in your ball sweat.
Phenomenal no u, as expected from someone with such intellectual dwarfism.
Also, at least I have balls. There, that should keep you busy for the next month.
>>
I just watched the entire Zeta Gundam series for the 7th time bros.....it gets more kino every time, its so kino that its Zino.
>>
>>22844836
>t-t-tranny!!!
Nice comeback... for a 12 year old.
>>
>>22844785
Duel and some imitators like seeing how many people they can get to take their bait, and then report them so the bait can continue while the Duelragers and Jennyragers are turned into ground beef.
Who's your best Zeta girl?
>>
>>22845293
I have no idea what any of that means. I stopped coming here when the Toku debate was going on.
Needless to say I didn't think Toku should have been considered /m/.
All of the women in Zeta are fucking retarded, but Haman is hot as shit.
>>
>>22831796
Retard he's right >>22831797
you make no sense
>>
>>22845293
>the Duelragers and Jennyragers
Imao. Those shit posters known as jenny, drool & zetarager are only famous on /m/
>>
>>22845565
pretty much
>tfw one of them once tried to invoke Discord and outed themselves as having had a bunch of haters from there like we'd care
>branded anyone that responded as their boogeymen
>>
>>22845609
Oooh i have a fan club of spiteful sore losers ~ Jenny
>>branded anyone that responded as their boogeymen
Let me guess, including normal people that's just asking "um ain't this kkk like /m/ club weird?" Don't you guys have a life? "
>>
> "um ain't this kkk hate /m/ club weird?" Don't you guys have a life? "
>NOOO TAKE YOUR MEDS TOMINOTARD!!
I can imagine.
>>
>>22824164
Zeta is leftist kino.
>>
>>22829341
Damn it, I read this in their voices.
>>
>>22829341
>The rest of the cast is either inconsistent or unrelatable
That's a (you) problem. Especially when you openly resonate with faggots like jerid who constantly fail upwards. What a dumb bum fuck post.
>>
Not the biggest fan of Zeta but i really love the Hong Kong arc. Tbf earth arcs are always good.

The best scene in Zeta:
https://youtu.be/GCaXwf30VLI?si=x1AwPV_24t0tnBbD&t=612
>>
>>22844900
>>in my idiocy like you stew around in your ball sweat.
Said the person that typed that unironically.
>>
File: 1709061288110723.png (22 KB, 400x300)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>22847931
Said the person using the zoomerword.
>>
>>22846728
Why is Xitter Gundam like this?
>>
>>22844785
Absolutely no moderation, so shitposting and trolling is rampant and the terminal schizoids can run free to boot.
>>
>>22848315
Reminds me a little of /g/ where it's just rampant paranoia.
I've also noticed that while this board isn't infected with frogs and wojaks, it's infected with brain rot language.
>>
>>22824164
are you retarded?, put down the fucking phone when you are watching this
>>
>>22850120
>put down the fucking phone when watching something
That's asking for too much for a zoomer brain
>>
>>22845293
>Duelragers and Jennyragers
Fucking fuck off tourist piece of shit.
Go back to whatever discord server you crawled from
>>
>>22850120
>>22851322
Older than the both of you, more than likely.
This isn't /v/, though. Why are you acting like this is /v/?
>>
>>22851350
>This isn't /v/, though. Why are you acting like this is /v/?
assuming youre OP, its because youre asking retarded questions that are obvious to anyone who actually pays five secons worth of attention or isnt a complete retard.
>>
File: bajeena.jpg (19 KB, 450x338)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>22848081
Said the person that thinks words belong to age groups and that they didn't exist before, like a newfag.
>>
File: 1692621935514991.jpg (54 KB, 614x572)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>22851452
Only retarded children, and the retarded children at heart use words like, "unironically" when they mean 'genuine.'
>>
>>22851646
But I meant to say unironically instead of genuine. You really aren't as smart as you think, huh? That's ok, you will grow up and see how moronic you are.
>>
>>22851646
>>22851327
>>22851350
A shitposter has escaped containment.
>>
>>22851706
An unironic fag has escaped /lgbt/.
>>
>>22851362
Okay. How do you account for the fact that Bright is fighting on the same side as people who advocate Contolism? He fought against that, what, three times? But this time he's with the AEUG? And they support Contolism? And Amuro? Him as well? Same thing. At least Kamille is a spacenoid, and a pacifist. The AEUG he's presented in the episode about the gassed colony in Side 1 at least seems like a pacifist organization. That it opposed the Titans because they commit atrocities for the sake of "diplomacy" and they suspect are building a super fortress to use as a base of operations to control the Earth Sphere as authoritarian dictators.
>>
>>22824164
Gundam characters just go with their emotions in any given moment. There is a scene in G-Reco where all the main characters change sides 5 times in one single scene in a hangar.
>>
>>22847897
>everyone is in the military
>no one has a gun
>>
>>22852008
>He fought against that, what, three times?

There was only one show before Zeta Gundam, anon.

Bright fought against an army who were attacking his home, the most ideological he ever got was during the Garma speech where he basically just said "dictatorship is bad". Amuro had no prior ideological motivations either, he just fought to survive. They never once claimed to be fighting Zeon due to Zeon Deikun's contolism. Not to mention that seven years is plenty of times for people to adopt ideological sympathies, especially when they were apolitical prior to that. Maybe seeing the earth and its government get even worse after the war had something to do with it? Like what the whole first half of Zeta goes out of it's way to establish.
>>
>>22852051
The only military people there are Amuro and Beltorchika.Those guys are civilian security. Pulling out a gun would be a great way to blow their cover and ruin the operation.
>>
What is a Zeta gundam?
>>
File: z_gundam_028_05.jpg (179 KB, 865x800)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>22852089
>>
>>22852073
I mean that in regards to his character, period. He fought against the Zeon, Axis, and Neo Zeon. All Contolist organizations.
I guess it could be explained that he didn't care for Contolism after Zeta, and decided that it was best to just fight any extremist ideologues for the Federation, even if it meant fighting for the imperfect Federation.

In regards to the first half of Zeta, it's really just the Feds being lazy elites as per usual. So long as they get to live like fat kings on Earth, they don't seem to care what the Spacenoids do, so long as the Spacenoids don't try to take away their privilege.
>>
>>22852181
Axis's whole schtick was giving control of earth to Haman and Minerva, not Contolism. And again, we are asking "how can Bright join the AEUG when he fought contolist organizations?" but he joined the AEUG before Axis arrived, so it's just his experience with Zeon and the Titans that has any bearing on his joining the AEUG. And AEUG may not even explicitly endorse the ideology until Dakar way later in the show, we hear about the Titans massacring civilians who advocated for it, but I don't recall any call for it until Dakar when Char takes the reigns.

Bright never talks about ideology, and never stated that he had an issue with Contolism while fighting any faction. Real people aren't like Anaval Gato, who are just memes for whatever the core ideology of their military faction is espousing. Bright is shown as just being a pragmatic moral military man - you fight the bad people, ideology be damned.

>In regards to the first half of Zeta, it's really just the Feds being lazy elites as per usual.

The Titans are still Feds.

> they don't seem to care what the Spacenoids do, so long as the Spacenoids don't try to take away their privilege.

But Contolism is about all of humanity and Earth - not spacenoid rights. So this again is a criticism that contradicts itself. Even if the Feds are seen as not the Titans ( they fund them and literally fight alongside them, Lilah wasn't a Titan, for example, so this is false) - skepticism against the Feds for their obvious corruption can be a motivation to work with contolists and even sympathize with the contolists.
>>
>>22852205
The Titans became their own entity, and were quickly taking over the feds.
>But Contolism is about all of humanity and Earth - not spacenoid rights. So this again is a criticism that contradicts itself.
No it doesn't. I was discussing the Feds when I posted that. The political elites in charge of them that is.
>>
>>22852208
They were still formally a Federation division. But semantics aside - the Feds being decadent enough for that to happen is a reason to be skeptical of them and work with contolists. The idea that it isn't because

>>22852181
>it's really just the Feds being lazy elites as per usual. So long as they get to live like fat kings on Earth, they don't seem to care what the Spacenoids do, so long as the Spacenoids don't try to take away their privilege.

Doesn't hold, because that isn't what motivates Contolism, or at least isn't the sole motivation for it, as environmentalism and Humanity's progression as a whole is primary to the ideology. So there really is no issue with Bright and Amuro joining the AEUG/Karaba.
>>
>>22852221
I'm not talking about Contolism when I said that. I was talkin--
Fuck it. I give up.
Accept my concession, I'm not going to run in circles with you.
>>
>>22830769
hello henken.
>>
>>22851752
He's gay? The shitposter
>>
>>22853070
wat
>>
Bump just to upset the faggot that posts screencaps of the catalogue to the Farms.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.