[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nz.png (1.03 MB, 1193x676)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
Late to the party I know but I just saw the requiem for vengeance trailer. For the first few seconds I thought it was some live action thing, the mobile suits looked cgi but passable, the disappointment came when the cg people showed up. And the newtype stuff, I get wanting to introduce it to people who have never seen the series and all, but 0079 didn't even until close to the end. Thank you for coming to my blogpost
>>
The dream team of this production
>The mechanical designer for 08th MS team, probably hired because the toonami audience thought his designs were the most "gritty". His new designs just look like he ran out of ideas and had to recycle the old ones (Like the new bootleg EZ-8)
>Director of Lord Inquisitor. What this means is that he's most famous for directing a film that didn't even manage release and that is only remembered for it's marching scene being posted as a webm in every 40k thread. His actual sense of direction is quite bland besides that marching scene of copy pasted walk cycles and he's probably the reason all the scenes of dialogue look stiff and why all the mobile suit fights in the trailer look robotic
>Writer of Gen:Lock season 2. Absolute nightmare scenario. The staff of GL season 2 made no attempts at hiding the sentiment that they actively dislike mecha, and whereas season 1 of that show was a mediocre slog at best the 2nd half is one of the worst animated shows of all time, where the main cast are 1) a clone of a black guy that does nothing but get chased by red giganigga demon that represents his guilt of killing his fellow clones 2) a japanese man who gets genderswapped from the neck down because he's a bitch who ends up having wierd dream sex with a bonafide genderfluid creature (their bodies gratuitously swap sex organs several times in the sex scene) only for the japanese guy to die literally immediately after because "his character arc completed" and 3) Some blond chick who gets depressed but learns that literally all he problems can be fixed by literally killing herself with nanomachines and becoming a ghost. It actually works and leads to literally the rest of the cast killing themselves for what's apparently a happy ending. Also that japanese guy had this part of his character where he apparently became a thuggish misogynistic man because he watched too much thuggish misogynistic mecha anime as a kid.
>>
>>22840030
I wish they made the rest of the origin. The old 0079 show really doesn’t hold up very well imo.
As for requiem for vengeance, I heard it’s going to be focused on logistics and engineering, not too unlike MS IGLOO, so it was never going to be a good starting point.
>>
It's been a while since I've seen an adaption so thoroughly ready to bomb and deserving it too. Just want to get this mess out of the way so we can enter the forever arc of having to tell people "ignore the shitty netflix one" in recommendations.
>>
File: GXpKlm8boAAGBFu.jpg (149 KB, 900x900)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
What is this pea shooter
>>
File: 1499679760173.jpg (59 KB, 494x533)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>22843048
Look at how they fucking massacred my boy
>>
File: file.png (14 KB, 291x60)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
They released a new clip. The script is something they are either translating with google translate or making the grammar bad on purpose. Humans are stiff, mechs aren't. It's mostly them trying to introduce something to normalfags that is cheap.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.