[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0148.jpg (1.72 MB, 1408x1984)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
Diaclone thread, m/en! You up for it?
>>
>>22843537
not really
>>
File: StarSaber.jpg (27 KB, 250x316)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>22843537
I know Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, and Omega Supreme are more directly tied to Great Base, but his design always reminded me of Star Saber.
>>
>>22843537
Dia.......clooone!
>>
Why is it so expensive?
>>
>>22843802
DIE-A... CROOOOOOONE
>>
>>22843731
Omega Supreme was a Toybox (Tomy) design.
>>
>>22844490
Literally all vintage Japanese robot toys are expensive
>>
>>22845110
Takara tomy?
>>
>>22845674
Pre-merger, same with old Eldoran toys
>>
>>22845112
the new, reboot ones are preposterously expensive—even the little tactical movers.
>>
File: sample of clones.jpg (1.92 MB, 3932x3180)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
What do you guys think about the rebooted toy line compared to the original toy line and Transformers?
>>
>>22846330
Designs are nice and modern, way better than transformers on every level, but the cost of them is just far to prohibitive to the average collector. I'm not a "poorfag" but even I hesitate to dip my toes in this pool.
>>
>>22846330
Really cool but real expensive and under the radar. Didn't manage to find any at my local TFcon and they had tons of mecha stuff.
>>
>>22846330
It’s incredible; I own most of the line and there’s honestly no other toyline quite like it. The features, the quality, the details, the modularity/interactivity. Even the dianauts alone are just some of my favourite things I’ve encountered in toy collecting. I’m nearly through the process of buying my new place at the moment and the thought of getting, say, all of my Big Powereds out at once rather than just bits and pieces out from storage is one of the things keeping me going through a shitheap of solicitor/land registry nonsense
>versus Transformers
Much as I love Transformers, they’re mostly self-contained entities whereas Diaclone is a different ethos of a modular, lived-in, 1:60 scale world. It still feels a bit like apples and oranges, but the closest Transformers got was maybe Titans Return?
>versus original Diaclone
I’ll have to confess that I’ve never exactly been blown away by the OG moulds and, for my sins, most of my vintage purchases tend to be Machine Robo/Gobots and other Bandai stuff.
>>22845875
Comparatively small runs and a very high level of QC. Intriguingly, we know through interviews that much of it needed to be done on a comparative shoestring budget with very little support from Takara higher-ups; it’s a bit of a passion project that the individuals involved had to fight to exist at all and the line’s had to continually prover itself in sales to get to the point of things like Robot Base being greenlit.
>>
File: Lunar Recon Mikon Team.jpg (507 KB, 2048x1536)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
For a line very particular about being in 1:60 scale, Diaclone Reboot offers an astonishing capability for Playing With It Wrong.
>>
>>22846750
>For a line very particular about being in 1:60 scale, Diaclone Reboot offers an astonishing capability for Playing With It Wrong.
What?
>>
>>22846750
Is this Nanoha.
>>
>>22846564
>it’s a bit of a passion project that the individuals involved had to fight to exist at all
Fair enough, but I have to live vicariously through wotafa to get any diaclone action at all.
>>
>>22847572
>I have to live vicariously through wotafa to get any diaclone action at all
To be fair that's a comfy pastime in itself. Wotafa's a good egg.
>>
I own the modern Great Robot Base but I would love to find an OG and Fortress X those toys are something else from a world where just like modern Diaclone its way ahead of its time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.