[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: g 5.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
Is it just the artstyle change?
Maybe you dislike the characters?
I think the main problem with G5 is that the characters are too "good" and have much space left for personal growth.
G4 mcs kept growing throughout the entire series
>>
>>41020995
It's just boring to me. I don't even hate it, I'm just indifferent. The artstyle definitely doesn't help it either.
>>
>>41020995
The artstyle is hideous and 3d looking ponies are a MASSIVE downgrade. I absolutely refuse to watch it.
>>
File: x.jpg (866 KB, 800x5333)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
Maybe it's the lack of good supporting cast?
Which minorities/disabilities would you like to see represented?

Maybe an official lesbian couple?
>>
>>41020995
They're trying to sell G5 as if it were a sequel to G4, but obviously that's not the case.
>>
>>41021078
>Sequels aren't sequels because I don't like them
>>
>>41020995
Just look at the shit you've posted. Looking at it for more than 1 second makes my eyes physically hurt.
>>
>>41021126
G5 should not have any ties to G4, just as G4 had no ties to G3.
>>
>>41020995
mostly the art style, just look at the image wtf is wrong with them
>>
It's poorly written sludge that only got by on G4 nostalgia.
>>
>>41021206
>Twishart flaggot makes another abhorrent post
>>
>>41021215
>shits himself in every thread
>>
>>41021215
>He doesn't have any arguments despite thinking about me 24/7
lol
>>
>>41021220
'Your argument' is you being the dumbest mother fucker on this board, the g5 that was pure g4 nostalgia by mcarthy was canceled in the crib newfaggot.
>>
>>41021243
Your fanfic is shit, learn to write
>>
>>41020995
FiM looks better in this artsyle
>>
>>41021272
retard
>>
I don't hate g5, but I'm talking to the g5 fans here. G5 insisting on forcing Misty more and more is making me dislike the way that g5 is going. Especially because tyt is completely ignoring mym and doing their own thing. So no Comet, no Sprout, just more Misty. I don't think it's cool to ignore the other series like that, especially when what tyt brings to the table is endless Misty shilling and the characters doing random magic shit and reciting retarded power rangers lines like "My confidence helps me bla bla bla, my hope shines like bla bla bla"
>>
>>41021194
Uh, Cheerliee?
>>
>>41022468
You're a dishonest shitbag
>>
>>41020995
The 3D artsyle murdered any desire I had for watching it. And it seems like every tertiary thing I see of it just reinforces my decision to wait for G6. First the horrible animation, then the VA change, then the bean mouth spinoff, then shitting on G4 to shill their OCs, then the furry villain.
>>
>>41021194
That has nothing to do with the definition of a sequel, mr drop out
>>
>>41020995
I don't like the art style, the music, the writing, or the characters (except Izzy, Sunny, and Hitch; but only their movie versions, and for Hitch only until just after all the bunnies surrounded him when he was looking for Sunny). For me, G5 just doesn't have that magical quality that G4 had (excluding the later seasons). I tried really hard to like G5, but finally I just gave up. It's just not good.
>>
>>41020995
It's mid
>>
>>41020995
>Why do people hate G5?
Really what I hate is the plotlines feel kind of banal, like there's not really any thought put into them. It's like, "here's a series", or like just some soulless list of signifiers & tropes that "this is a contemporary animated series"
>Is it just the artstyle change?
The 2D is hideous. One of the ugliest animated series I've seen. The 3D series was very beautiful in my opinion. It's quite low-budget but that adds to the charm for me.
>Maybe you dislike the characters?
They're actually better than the G4 characters.
>I think the main problem with G5 is that the characters are too "good" and have much space left for personal growth.
>G4 mcs kept growing throughout the entire series
G4 girls become more boring and hollow throughout the series. Character development is already very overrated, and on top of that it's extremely difficult to do well in children's comedy.
>>
>>41022654
I liked the 3d more than tyt too
>>
>>41021972
That just means you're a G5 fan. We hate nu-Misty too.
>>
>>41022502
>wait for G6
laughingmares.jpg
>>
>>41021126
>If the sequel retcons several aspects of the original show it overwrites them because it's newer
>>
>>41020995
I like G5, but I really dislike the conflict resolutions in it. For example, I loved Izzy restoring the motorbike in MYM because it showed that crafters don't just have cool stuff out of nowhere, while magically turning the shoddy tram into the hi-tech manestream was exactly the kind of "magic so whatever" asspull that makes for extremely unsatisfying stories.

>Sunny runs into the room, telling that the Toilet is clogged
>"I got this!" says Hitch, then trips and accidentally shoves the plunger in his ass
>"Relax Sunny, we're with you!" says Pipp
>"You're right! Together we can do anything!" Sunny says, brimming with confidence
And then their cutiemarks shine and the toilet just unclogs itself. The End.
>>
>>41023607
tyt feels a lot pandering to children, "more magical moments", even when they don't make sense, like all the floating magical shit when Jazz and Pipp gave twitch a makeover
>>
>>41023847
S1 was fine and had a good balance. This is all because MYM was axed and Hasjew made TYT double down
>>
>>41020995
Biggest problem with G5 is how kneecapped both its series have been. TYT episodes have so little runtime they all either feel like short skits or 5 minute exposition dumps. Also its artstyle is a direct downgrade from FiM and its own original concept art. MYM had no money or time so everything not from the movie looked like garbage and the series comes off like those low effort 3d shows for toddlers. I remember during last year's anistream a lot of people left during chapter 1 cause it looked like shit and was such a huge downgrade from the movie.
>>
>>41023096
Misty should have gone back to live with Alphabittle at the end of the season. Comet should have taken her place in Season 2 before getting written out when his season arc is completed. Could have been an interesting gimmick to set G5 apart from G4. Instead of a mane 6, we have a mane 5+1
>>
>>41024624
I actually like the sound of that. There was no reason to stick to six main characters

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.