[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Alright, so what if Hasbro saw that Gen 5 wasn't doing too well and decided to cave in and bring back the Gen 4 cartoon in all it's glory with no strings attached.
But how would they do it? The show already ended. They can't make a season 10?
Well, I had this idea where they could make what I'll dub "Retro seasons."
Aka, seasons that take place within previous seasons.
Think of it like a season 1.5 or season 2.5.
Basically, the aim of these retro seasons would be to explore possibilities within that particular era of the show and maybe flesh out some major plot points later down the line to make them feel more warranted rather than feeling out of the blue.
I know this sounds like a really dumb idea and you are welcome to call me an idiot for even suggesting this idea.
But I do think it is a good idea.
In reality though, if Hasbro did wanna bring back gen 4, it would more than likely just be another pony life cartoon or something.
Give me your thoughts.
>>
>>41023185
Two words, friend:
>Anthro Futaquestria
>>
>>41023187
Quite based.
>>
>>41023189
I'm piloting this series all the way to the scene of the crash!
>>
>>41023185
I would prefer a season 7.5 honestly
>>
File: 109426.png (1.57 MB, 900x1190)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>41023185
Nah, it'll be a G4 reboot but with Megan in it.
>>
>>41023267
I never said it was exclusive to just seasons 1 through 3.
Though I can see it coming across that way.
What I mean't was any seasons having an in-between season.
You could even make new episodes within certain seasons if you really wanted to.
>>
>>41023185
If I was a MLP writer, I'd just make a continuation assuming 'The Last Problem' was a dream or something.
OR maybe not. It seems a lot of time has passed between S9E25 and S9E26. The new seasons could take place in that period.
>>
>>41023185
idiot
>>
>>41023185
So FIM spinoffs?
I'd like to watch a show about ancient ponies when they lived separately, so the plot could remind the G5 movie. I really was hoping to be that way when I read the movie's synopsis. Or a show about the royal sisters, mlp lore feels incomplete without their story. Or a show about background ponies.
Regarding your idea, you can't just put a whole new season between others. Episodes within one season are already discontinuous, you can put a new episode anywhere.
>>
>>41023267
My ideas for 7.5 season episodes:

-Twilight wants to open her own school for gifted unicorns, but the standards she puts are so high only Lyra and Sweetie Belle can join.

-Twilight asks Pinkie for help in celebrating Spike's birthday, but things get complicated when Spike asks Twilight about his origins

-Rainbow Dash and Discord get into a pranking war, with the world almost ending as a result

-Scootaloo gets depressed over not being able to fly and starts investing her time doing extreme sports, Rainbow is worried she is going to get hurt when Scoots signs for a paragliding competition in Ghastly Gorge

-Twilight and Starlight are asked to replace Celestia and Luna for an entire week
>>
>>41023185
Another troon of twilyht post.
>>
>>41023185
Discard everything post S2, ponify the EqG movies and series because they're cute, and keep the umbrum because they're cool.
>>
>>41023408
>-Twilight wants to open her own school for gifted unicorns, but the standards she puts are so high only Lyra and Sweetie Belle can join.
Uhhh... Lyra is the same age as Twilight.
>-Scootaloo gets depressed over not being able to fly and starts investing her time doing extreme sports, Rainbow is worried she is going to get hurt when Scoots signs for a paragliding competition in Ghastly Gorge
Bro, you don't need to recycle episode ideas when the writers already did that plenty in Season 8
>-Twilight and Starlight are asked to replace Celestia and Luna for an entire week
In one episode? Don't know. More like a day. But then, we already had that with Dusk between Dawn and Summer Sun Setback

Captcha: P0RNM
>>
>>41023185
>Reboot
name three modern age reboots that where actually good, you dumb breadfucker
>>
>>41023187
Cringe as fuck.
>>
>>41023185
Series of made-for-streaming movies. Basically like the Season 1&2 premiers except longer runtime. Revamped artsyle while still faithful to original. What was that Rainbow Town or whatever? Like the artstyle of that. Similar to the Scooby Doo movies and Pokemon movies where they travel to a new place and we get a dose of vacation SoL kino at the beginning. Then plot unfolds, we see villain, fighting directly doesn't work, then they try a higher emotional-IQ plan and a magic friendship beam saves the day. There is no possible way this wouldn't work. It would get repetitive but no one would care. Hasbro must do this, it's the only option they have with the franchise
>>
Luster Dawn? I feel like her character design has aged surprisingly well. They could wash rinse repeat the series premise because it was kind of hinting at that anyway. I just realized though, main problem is we'd have to see the Milf-6...
>>
>>41023408
>>41023458
>Uhhh... Lyra is the same age as Twilight.
>Twi: Lyra why are you here? We went to school together back in Canterlot.
>Lyra: Yeah, but I never finished my degree before I moved to Ponyville. I figured this was a golden opportunity to finally get my diploma since Celestia decided to open a Ponyville campus.
>Twi: Lyra this isn't Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns its Twilight's Academy for Talented Foals...
>SB: Wait is school accredited? Ms. Cherilee warned us there are scamponies that pretend to be local chapters of well known schools to get your bits. So we need to be sure a university is actually accredited before we enroll and pay tuition.
>Twi: Well not yet bu-
>L: Twilight why are you running a scam school? Does the Princess know you're using her name and likeness for this?
>>
>>41023185
You clowns keep begging for a reboot as if you dont know how shit they always turn out. Do you really want g4 to be dragged through the mud?
>>
Easy. When MLP finally ceases to function as a property we have somebody resurrect it as a super fucked up retelling of the story. I'm talking an edgy dark fantasy rendition of Twilight Sparkle learning the power of friendship and ascending to the celestial throne. We take somebody's autistic fanfiction and give it absurd production value and passion, bringing some 2010s teenager fantasy to life. Basically pony Dune, War and Peace and Lord of the Rings all in one, but keeping the same goofy children's cartoon characters and world, just juxtaposing it with the insanity. Now that I would pay to see.
>>
>>41024042
I can't tell if you're serious or or not with this dialogue, but it's so fucking ass and stupid that's for sure
>>
>>41023187
Do it in SFM and you’ve got yourself some certified kino
>>
File: IMG_3163.png (216 KB, 850x1024)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>41023408
>45 minute 2 parter of Lauren engaging in mundane cute mare activities around Canterlot

With AI we can make this happen within the decade
>>
>>41024042
Makes sense.
>>
>>41023304
Test
>>
>>41023185
>Twishart can't let go of Twishart show
>>
>>41023185
Start what was originally intended and have NMM be the finale(right after the Gala of course.), same with Discord in s2. Season 3 will have the wedding with no 3rd alicorn nonsense.
>>
>>41024244
g% starts with in-universe fanfic of Twilight Sparkle
>>
>>41024247
Everyone knows twisharts tantrum over his waifu being dead, he would have the same tantrum if g6 had a brand new world
>>
>>41023185
Make a background pony/side character centered spin-off just like BCS. Maybe have a princess series where they aren't total jobbers.
>>
If they rebooted G4, They'd better make them physical I want to feel it when I come inside. Otherwise, why bother.
>>
>>41023185
Aren't the rights to FiM in some weird spaghetti mess between Hasbro and Discovery? Would they even be able to reboot it if they wanted to?
>>
>>41024105
I'd want to find models that have hooves and something more like actual hair. Do they have those? Are they even possible in SFM?
>>
>>41024251
He would shart all the way to his local Walmart. And then shart like legend in the middle of the store. A hurricane of shit.
>>
>>41024469
Yes, Discovery jews own at least half of it, thats why G5 was only allowed as many references to hasbros own IP as Hasjew was willing to pay to license. They would have to do a complete reboot to get any roi banking on nostalgia fagging of the mane6 just like g5s proto plans, not OPs retarded idea of half seasons
>>
>>41023185
Never going to happen. Ever.
>>
>>41024069
You took the wrong meds and are hallucinating bullshit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.