[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What if MLP:FiM was made or rather released in 2009?
>>
Nothing. Okay, maybe some butterfly effect bullshit that we can’t predict but I think it’s fair to say that things would be pretty similar to the product we got.

Also, Twiggie looks very pretty, very smart.
>>
>>41200224
Perhaps I wouldn't have missed the ride. I stopped using Youtube around that time which unfortunately led to me being completely unaware of the fandom.
>>
>>41200224
Well Nightmare Moon/Luna and the elements might not exist. The general idea of dynamics did exist at that point though, but the elements are so show warping its a pretty extreme what if.
Most of FiM is pretty final by the story bible though. Including most episode concepts(or atleast ideas like trixie).

But the later seasons are probably where the lack of magic friendship laser and random labels for the main cast would really kick in.
Season 1 didn't give a shit about that because it wasn't really written with it in mind. Most of the later content for FiM are heavily tied to the elements.
>>
>>41200224
The same shit would have happened, because it happened since Hasbro wanted the show to be more toyetic than Faust was willing to go along with. The time frame had little to do with it.
>>
>>41200255
I got the opposite vibe. Early seasons relied on the elements too hard, it was very power rangers-like. Later seasons reduced its usage and changed the elements to fit seamlessly into the world.
>>
>>41200274
In what way?
>>
>>41200274
>Early seasons
It was used once for S1, once for S2 and once for S3. After that they started using them a bunch, fleshed them out, and even removed the jewelry from the equation. S4 revolved entirely around them, and S5 made them create an entire castle, and so on. You literally have your argument reversed.
>>
>>41200292
Some people truely just have an odd view on things. But yeah until season 4 the effects wouldn't be that drastic, you can pretty much remove luna with minimal loss in terms of structure.
Obviously some mystery plot would have to be in its place but its not like we have enough scrapped episode concepts to run off of to logically guess there.

Though really logically everything past season 1 would probably be some wacko world with the only consistent thing being the corporate mandates(An alicorn in season 2, Twicorn and Flurry), which is atleast sorta funny.
Of course its easier to "predict" a world where they just write the same general outlines until they logically just can't but it is technically illogical. Concepts like discord may come anyway or they might not and it wouldn't fully just be cause there's no jewelry.
>>
>>41200292
That's the problem. It was used as a blunt weapon to defeat the badguys, the solution to everything. And it just existed on top of the setting as if it was a last minute addition. I guess my main issue is just how terribly it was used in the beginning.

To be honest I think the show would have been better without the elements.
>>
>>41200224
Why do you keep posting the trans pony to start a thread?
>>
>>41200366
I also disliked the implication that ONLY the m6 could have a special bond. That really undermines the value of friendship by strictly tying it to some supernatural entity that chooses who is worthy. Later seasons kind of rectified that by showing us that other ponies/creatures can be worthy to have special bonds too, but that's still just a bandaid over the core problem.
>>
>>41200379
That's not Trixie
>>
What if MLP:FiM was made or rather released in 2011?
>>
>>41200388
>Later seasons kind of rectified that
No they didn't. They made it far far worse. There was an entire finale dedicated to showing that if the mane six weren't friends the world would literally end.
Early on the mane six were just ponies who embodied certain virtues. Later on they were made into the six ponies of destiny that the entire world required in order to keep going.
>>
Twilight would never become an alicorn, maybe it'd be alluded to in the final scene that she will become a Princess but we'll never see it happen, the library might still be destroyed but it wouldnt be replaced with that horiffic monstrosity, just a new bigger treehouse, the finale would be S5 E25&26, season 3 would have 26 episodes, CMC cutie marks wouldn't have the outlines, there would be no Equestria Girls, Trixie would have a redemption arc similar to Starlight's except not horribly written, Babs Seed would be more of a character instead of being discarded for no reason, there would be no fanservice, the Slice of Life episode would never get made, the lore would be tastefully done, all in all the show would take itself a little more seriously and balance the comedy with more emotional moments and sometimes darker moments (think like Teen Titans), Lauren Faust would stay on board for the entire show, and after the series ends they would endlessly milk the franchise with direct-to-DVD/direct-to-streaming movies about the Mane 6 travelling to various places in Equestria (think like Pokemon or Scooby Doo) and that would literally be G5.
>>
File: 1713036502773886.gif (380 KB, 294x315)
380 KB
380 KB GIF
>>41200967
DYEWTS
>>
>>41201022
That's not a response.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.