[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1694853492895.png (2.96 MB, 1880x2922)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
This is the general thread for the alternative fan sites of the My Little Pony fandom. Discussion, development suggestions, and criticisms are all welcome here.

Back from the grave edition.

>Why alternate boorus?
Recent changes to Derpibooru have made the site a less than ideal location for pony fan art. So, several new boorus have arisen to provide alternatives. Many of the altbooru owners post in thread and listen to questions and comments from anons. Note that this is NOT the Derpibooru drama general. Please keep posts about Derpibooru in the thread on mlpg.co.

>Why alternate text sites?
>Why alternate text, fanfiction, and fanfiction archival sites?
Pastebin.com has deleted, and continues to delete, greentexts on the site. FimFiction does not allow stories in the greentext format. FimFetch has been purging foalcon and other material deemed to be "unacceptable" as late as Jan 22 of 2024,. As such, a new home is needed.

Overview: altboorus.org
>General purpose boorus
twibooru.org by Twifag [!twifag.HOY] and Not Twifag/Floorb [!!H3PJaMJmY66]
ponybooru.org by ZizzyDizzyMC [!DizzyMC4pc]
ponerpics.org by Lotus [!!WYvH32WjaoR]
rainbooru.org by Raindev [!RaInbOWink] (dev MIA)

>Specialized boorus:
booru.foalcon.com by Pathos [!!arjIjTdCTdq] - Underage
lyrabooru.org - Hot glue

>Greentext, fanfiction and fanfiction archival sites
ponepaste.org managed by Not Twifag/Floorb
IAS (derpy.me/1yd6A) (Text search)
foalfetch.net managed by Floorb

>Video sites
pony.tube
pon3.stream
projectvinyl.net

>File sharing
smutty.horse (frozen until further notice)
IWIFTP

>Latest Developments:
-A security/privacy issue on Ponepaste, which allowed for anyone to view one's private paste titles, their authors, and tags (but not its actual content) was patched.
-Semi-minor spam on Ponerpics, Lyrabooru, perhaps elsewhere as well. [might not be worth including?]
-The fanfiction archival site FimFetch escalates its ongoing purge of content deemed by them as "unacceptable" (mainly foalcon) by hosting a list of accounts from all around the fandom (FimFiction, Discord, AO3, Derpibooru, ect.) they "found" to be associated with said material. In response, Floorb has created foalfetch.net. For keeping up with the ongoing drama, see https://ponepaste.org/9926
-An issue revolving around the Twibooru importer not working on PonerPics has been resolved.
-Anon releases searchable DNP list (derpy.me/mxM0C) (derpy.me/LSj5y)
-An anon is scraping pastebin links (derpy.me/zFWPk) (download green.zip)

1/2
>>
>>41203976
-[Dead] Mediafire rip now available on IPFS (>>36440908)
-IAS Anon needs help seeding IPFS files (>>36700329)
-Reminder to backup Fimfiction (derpy.me/fPTg1)
-yuki.la likely dead, some other /mlp/ archives (>>36764936) (>>36764947) (and of course Desuarchive)
-yuki.la backup (>>>/t/1033260)
-Ponerpics gets a new dark theme (>>40265520)
-Ponemusic archive is dead, latest torrents (>>37005785)
-Poneb.in dump (>>37346011)
-Userscript to load GDrive resource keys (>>37536855)
-FimFic story filter (>>37512031)
-WiP userscript for offline "accounts" on Philomena (>>37705442)
-Twibooru still looking for help(?) (>>38113999)
-New Ponepaste dump >>38375740
-Old ponibooru.org database found (>>38882814) + beta v. of Ponibooru.org Restored (>>38872905)
-Search millions of images by MD5 or SHA1 hashes, as of 2022-08-07 (>>38927537 >>38947506)
-pony.tube (running PeerTube) updated to a newer software version (>>39172527)
-Someone is working on a new booru website, which should be cool (>>39189860)
-Missing pbooru.com images and maybe also web pages were found (>>39190286). Some users were going to share some files, but didn't yet
-Archiving stuff like old pastes
-List of alt boards https://ponepaste.org/8236
-Some scripts for scraping youtube comments
-smutty.horse still frozen until further notice?
-ponytube is on an old version, update in ???

2/2
>>
File: 1680853374946289.png (469 KB, 929x655)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>
File: 85242.png (335 KB, 1536x1072)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>41203976
ive been using twiboru personally, what differentiates all these alts anyway?
a lot of them look the same
>>
>>41203979
ponybooru got hacked, all passwords are forcibly reset. The site itself won't tell you that, it'll just claim that your password is "incorrect". You have to use "I forgot my password" feature, and if you don't have an e-mail associated with an account, you're out of luck.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.