[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

For me, it’s Season 2, but I understand Season 1 purists’ point as well.
>>
>>41426898
Somewhere between late S3 and the S4 finale. I’m currently attempting a full series rewatch but I’ve started those more times than I’ve finished them.
>>
File: 1700213997773358.gif (578 KB, 600x600)
578 KB
578 KB GIF
>>41426898
Initially, I stopped around season 7/8 (I stopped caring way earlier though)
I did eventually finish the series.
>>
season 3, though i checked out a few later season episodes to see the deal with certain characters (starlight, maud, kirin, etc.)
i'd consider myself a season 1 purist and although i didn't enjoy season 2 or season 3 as much, i still liked it
it's hard to capture the faustic schizophrenia
>>
>>41426898
As someone who was extremely late to hop on the ride, the kirin episode is literally the only thing worth half a shit to watch past season 7
>>
>>41426959
holy same
>>
>>41427111
Haven't watched S5+ only a few episodes. Kirin was good. Ones with Maud are good.
>>
>>41426898
First 50 episodes.
>>
>>41426898
Either Twilicorn or the season 5 finale. Season 4 feels like the first point where mediocre episodes become the norm and Glimmer's garbage backstory fucked over any chances of her being a well written protagonist up until the friendship school when she becomes irrelevant.
>>
File: mlp rarity perfume.png (839 KB, 674x1000)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
>>41426898
I just watched Rara episodes and nothing else. Did the same with Equestria Girls.
>>
I will never watch season 8 or 9 in my life
>>
when I stopped being a little baby I watched them all, and I'd do it again (but skip Yakity-Sax, that episode is just sad)
>>
>>41426898
>>
File: 1707484335628676.gif (3.08 MB, 320x180)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB GIF
>>41426898
S9. The writing and quality generally got better with each season so I enjoy the late seasons quite a lot. Princess Twilight was a great evolution to her character and much of her friends eventually started seeing growth too. Starlight's immaculate reformation added many interesting dynamics to the cast, she was easily one of my favorites to watch alongside Dashie and Rarity. The student 6 and the friendship school was a fun concept and a logical step forward in the lore. I don't have much to say about the earlier seasons other than they were comfy, still fun but not as memorable.
>>
>>41427916
Bad bait.
>>
>>41426898
Personally I can stand to watch all the way through Season 5, although there's a noticeable drop from Season 4. I fucking hate the Slice of Life episode. Terrible and cringe. Season 4 has worse episodes though (where Rainbow Dash fakes an injury, the comic book isekai). Season 6 is just pure nonsense and it only gets worse as it goes on from there. Unwatchable.
>>
>>41427111
The Trixie and Starlight arc was good. Wish that was all we got of Starlight in later seasons though.
>>
>>41426898
One day I want to make a modified version of FiM with all the pop culture references removed (like Pinkie's Beatles reference in the Yakistan episode) along with any other immersion-killing elements. But first I have to learn how to encode clean video without bloating filesize.
>>
After Secret of My Excess. It was really bad.
>>
>>41426898
Season 5. 4 and 5 aren’t as good overall, but they still have plenty of classic episodes and most of the OG crew were still working on it during that time. Season 5 always feels like the true show finale to me.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.