[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Death_Symbolic.jpg (823 KB, 1500x1500)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
The death metal band for people who don't like death metal
>>
it depends on the album
>>
>>121518041
I’d say that applies to a lot of death metal bands before “brutal death metal” became a thing. Possessed, Obituary, and Morbid Angel are pretty accessible to just regular metal enjoyers.
>>
>>121518918
so you're saying people that don't like brutal death metal don't like death metal?
>>
>>121518041
Easily one of their best. Best songwriting, mature sound, but still with some of the rawness that was lacking on SoP, and no DiGorgio farting trumpet sounds in the background
>>
>>121519468
agreed it's their best and pinnacle work
>>
thats a good thing
>>
>>121518041
but enough about melodic death metal
>>
>>121518041
I don't like death metal and I don't like Death.
First Entombed was nice, few songs from Obituary and Morbid Angel too. I recall enjoying Merciless, but it's been a while.
>>
Normies always like this one album because it's been accepted by the onions Pitchfork progressive SJW community as one of the best, you never see people saying this about any of the other Death albums cause you've got lyrics like,
>SOME SAY SHE'S NAIVE
>SHE'S A STUPID BITCH.
Death are entry level yes but tourists always gravitate towards the most onions of Chuck Sneediner's releases. You never see them mention Leprosy or SBG
>>
>>121518041
More like the death metal band that people who don't listen to death metal name drop.
>>
>>121518918
>Possessed, Obituary, and Morbid Angel are pretty accessible to just regular metal enjoyers.
Shut up idiot.
>>
>>121521395
He's right though
>>
>>121518041
counterpoint: you're a nigger
>>
>>121519468
>mature sound
>"It sounds more like classic heavy metal, therefore it's mature!"
kys
>>
>>121521395
Canoe alert
>>
File: IMG_4657.jpg (230 KB, 1000x1000)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>sneaks into thread
ITP is the pinnacle of Death. Any true fans knows that.
>sneaks out of thread
>>
>>121518041
this album slaps when you're in psychosis
>>
>>121523789
Human was the peak, it was all downhill from there til TSoP which allowed Chuck to go out on a high point.
>>
>>121518918
>morbid angel
>acessible to regular metal enjoyers
if you're talking about god of emptiness or where the slime live, sure

a casual gets absolutely filtered by heaving earth or rapture
>>
>>121518041
honestly it's true, I don't like death metal I like the mix of death thrash and morbid angel, possessed, obituary, and death hit that spot desu. I don't like extremely deep vocals cause it sounds like shit
>>
>>121524920
I forgot to mention bolt thrower, I think they are pretty damn solid

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.