[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: m.-houellebecq-2010.jpg (106 KB, 600x402)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Who is the Houellebecq of music?
>>
>>121542835
c'est Michel Houellebecq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAzclOOTK4A&list=PLiN-7mukU_REuVj2d2YC7LajOnyYVN6LF
>>
>>121542908
didn't know he made music lol
>>
Gwen Stefani
>>
>>121542835
Its got to be something misogynist and sad. my nomination
>>
>I had won. It was a small victory, of course; he was in class again the next day. I think he had understood what was going on-maybe he caught me looking at her-but he started feeling his girlfriend up right there in class. He'd push her skirt up, put his hand as high as possible, very high on her thigh, then he'd look right at me and smile, really cool. I wanted the bitch so badly. I spent the weekend writing a racist pamphlet-I had a hard-on all the time I was writing it. Monday, I called L'Infini. This time Sollers asked me to come to his office. He was sharp and mischievous, just like he is on television-better, even. 'It's obvious you're a real racist. That's good, it really carries the piece. Well done!' He pointed to one of the pages with a graceful gesture. He had underlined a section: We envy and admire the Negro because we long to regress, like him, to our animal selves; to be animals with big cocks and small reptilian brains which are no more than appendices to their pricks. He tapped the page: 'It's strong, spirited, very aristocratic. You've got talent. A gift for words. I'm not keen on the subtitle: "We Become Racist, We Are Not Born That Way." I always think irony is a bit, um..." His face darkened, but then he twirled his cigarette holder and smiled again. He was a real clown, but a nice guy. 'It's very original, too, and not too heavy. You're not even anti-Semitic!' He pointed to another passage: Only Jews are spared the regret of not being Negroes, because they have long since chosen the path of intelligence, shame and quilt. Nothing in Western civilization can equal or even approach what the Jews have made of quilt and shame; this is why Negroes hate the Jews most of all. He sat back in his chair, seeming really pleased. He folded his arms behind his head; for a second I thought he was going to put his feet up on the desk, but he didn't. He leaned forward again-he just couldn't stay still.
>>
File: Ariel_Pink_2019.png (1.77 MB, 2128x1197)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>121542835
has to be a pervert who's also a genuine romantic, drawn to controversy, critically acclaimed but still kind of treated as an outsider. probably ugly. i have to go with ariel pink. john maus maybe is closer vibe-wise but he's too conflict averse
>>
>>121543179
that's more woody Allen. the most important attribute is edge lord
>>
>>121543260
ariel pink still fits that. he's gotten the most flak in the past few years but he's dropped lines like "it's not illegal to be racist" "this gay marriage stuff pisses me off" and notably called grimes "stupid and retarded"
>>
>>121542835
Colin Newman
>>
>>121542835
>incel far-right uggo with a veneer of culture
most avant-garde metal musicians lmaooo
>>
>>121543032
no anon, she ain't no houellebecq girl
>>
>>121544035
side note i didn't know until like 2 years ago that houellebecq is pronounced wellbeck. that's fucked up.
>>
>>121544019
Houellebecq's one of the best modern writers. I don't think he has a world class mind or anything but the fact that he's popular means his books have some resonance with people's experience, in French and international culture. And he's not an incel, his first wife left him or cheated or something and he ended up in a mental hospital... his mother completely abandoned him as a child... this I think is ultimately what "made him" as an artist, who basically has one book he writes over and over again

>>121542835
He said the strongest aesthetic encounter of his life was rock music. I think he liked Iggy pop. He called Paul McCartney the grand priest of rock or something like that
>>
>>121542908
I hate when French people think it's acceptable to just speak their pseudy words while music plays in the background and call it a song.

>>121544138
>writer's strongest aesthetic experience is rock music
That sure is embarrassing. Might as well be making tiktoks with that level of culture.
>>
>>121544212
>That sure is embarrassing. Might as well be making tiktoks with that level of culture.

His experience is pretty typical. I can't listen to it, but rock music was a powerful social instrument.

Name a modern writer better than Houellebecq
>>
>>121544248
nta and depends how you define modern, but i'd take delillo or pynchon over him easily. and i like houellebecq
>>
Bladee
>>
>>121543332
>"it's not illegal to be racist"
correct

>"this gay marriage stuff pisses me off"
correct

>called grimes "stupid and retarded"
correct
>>
File: CNgVBDcWsAAaOmb.png (1.77 MB, 811x1058)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>121542835
iggy
>>
>>121542835
Mark E Smith of the Fall
>>
>>121544138
He's a terrible writer.
>>
>>121545459
Mogged by Stephen Malkmus of Pavement
>>
>>121542835
Someone who flopped
Maybe Kanye West
>>
>>121545373
houellebecq was notably also correct when he predicted muslims overrunning europe, but people still got mad at him for that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY
>>
>>121542908
HonnĂȘtement, c'est mieux que ce Ă  quoi je m'attendais.

>>121544138
>Houellebecq's one of the best modern writers.
Read more.
>>
>>121547060
it was top irony that the day charlie hebdo got blasted by sandniggers they were dissing hollaback on their front page
>>
>>121545408
Preliminaires is very underrated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-wSO3iU9Y&list=OLAK5uy_m96oppyjC1WqKNjSa22-Q2Zdh_1rzDw6w
>>
>>121546509
Malkmus is uglier and less talentled. And less like wellbeck
>>
>>121542835
negative xp

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.