[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1634062501808.jpg (99 KB, 600x468)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
some good psychedelic rock album before revolver by beatles?
>>
Revolver isn't a psychedelic album tho. For the sake of argument, Pet Sounds.
>>
>>121554641
dont listen to the pet sounds guy, listen to byrds and yardbirds albums from the same year
>>
>>121557345
oh i thought you meant rubber soul, byrds and yardbirds from the same year as rubber soul
>>
>>121554641
Probably The Seeds or The Yardbirds.
>>121555375
I'd agree but eh. The Seeds and The Yardbirds still lol. The Byrds too that's basically the first band to do it. The Beatles existed first but they were mostly a boy pop group prior to The Byrds and Yardbirds. I agree that OP is probably being a rhetorical retard and attempting to overhyped The Beatles though.
>>
>>121554641
The Mothers of Invention - Freak Out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFNkacckLBU
The Byrds - Fifth Dimension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le42qL3h8dw
The Seeds - The Seeds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSqMaqKs9Eg
The Yardbirds - Roger the Engineer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J9xlYDDjko
The Standells - Dirty Water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpSIRqvx5us
>>
The Butterfield Blues Band - East-West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_7OsCs7Q
Love - Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7SFpxWpcOw
>>
>>121555375
>Revolver isn't a psychedelic album
Retard.
>>
>>121557599
I mean I always saw it more as a folk rock album tbqh. I wouldn't really call it one perticularly although tbf I am 100% biased against the beatles and do consider Forever Changes by Love to be one which is also definetely folk rock aswell. That being said Sgt.Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour are 100% Psych Rock Albums. I would say a couple songs on revolver are psychedelic maybe but overall folk rock is probably more accurate or pop rock. Bit of both I guess. Only sleeping is psychedelic for sure but as a whole more the folk rock end least to me.
>>
>>121557599
I meant to say "I'm only sleeping" not "only dreaming". Eleanor Rigby is also pretty Psychedelic. Overall though not super psychedelic especially not compared to Love or as much as I fucjing hate him Frank Zappa and not nearly as much as Magical Mystery Tour or Sgt.Pepper were.
>>
>>121557496
the byrds are really fucking underrated these days. great band.
>>
>>121557732
They're only underrated by retards.
>>
>>121557658
what about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4BuziKGMy4
>>
>>121557658
>as a whole more the folk rock end least to me
I don't think you know what Folk Rock is, because there's not one Folk Rock song on Revolver. You might be confusing it with Rubber Soul.
>>
>>121557793
Maybe yeah. I find The Beatles fucking obnoxious desu. Arthur Lee was always a better songwritter and Jimi Hendrix and The Moody Blues. It is pretty psychedelic though I'll give you that. Overall though more folk rock,the later shit is just pure Psychedelia like Blue Jay Way and I am The Walrus and shit is pretty hard to argue otherwise and I'd be retarded to deny that.
>>
>>121557858
Fuck off Nico poster
>>
>>121557827
Only sleeping is definetely folk rock.
>>
>>121557827
I'll give you that I actively avoid listening to them because I hate them but Only Sleeping is 100% a folk rock song.
>>121557866
Retarded. Enjoy your Slop ig.
>>
>>121557870
>>121557885
Well, one song doesn't constitute an album being classified as a different genre. Consider that Fun's Some Nights contains no Folk Rock songs whatsoever and is more well-known by audiences than I'm Only Sleeping.
>>
>>121557906
This is fair and like I said I don't listen to The Beatles a lot if at all. I started listening to them A LOT for a while because my girlfriend likes them and I was trying to bond with her and also because I was fucking delirious because I cut my finger open and they put me on a bunch of painkillers and shit like a year or two back. I'll give you that they are in fact psychedelic aswell.
>>
>>121557936
Fun's Aim and Ignite is mildly psychedelic at least in aesthetic imo, evoking a Sgt. Pepper's-esque feel. In fact Roger Joseph Manning Jr., of the very Beatlesque band Jellyfish, played on one of the tracks and arranged four of them.
>>
>>121557906
Is it? I've never heard of Fun's Some Nights and Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt.Pepper both seem pretty well known to me. I can shit on The Beatles for fucking hours but they are more well known than Love are or Cream even if I personally think those are better bands and clearly those aren't super obscure or anything. I think people on here who pretend like The Velvet Underground or Jimi Hendrix or The Grateful Dead are even remotely obscure are being contrarian and/or delusional though. They clearly weren't the ONLY major Psychedelic Rock Band. They were also popular prior to Psychedelia existing mind you so I don't doubt they sold higher but everybody knows who The VU and Hendrix and The Dead were at very least. Probably Cream too even if more veaugly.
>>
>>121557994
I don't think I've ever heard Funs Aim or Ignite mentioned. Are those post humorous albums or something? Very hard time believing that the average person would be more aware of these than they would be of Sgt.Peppers or Magical Myatery Tour desu although I relate to the sentiment and the feeling somewhat. Cry of Love is probably my all time favorite Hendrix album and I always thought Are you Experienced? was a bit overrated. My favorite VU Album would also probably have to be The VU:Live 1969 Vollume 2 from 1974 after the band had already broken up.
>>
>>121557994
Never heard of Jellyfish either. Did you mean Jigsaw?
>>
>>121557997
>>121558034
>>121558048
Yeah, ask any Millennial or Zoomer and they'd most likely know We Are Young if not vaguely. But they'd probably not have heard of I Am the Walrus or Strawberry Fields Forever unless they grew up with their parents music, which more and more kids aren't doing. I literally just asked my sister and she and a friend went to a Fun concert in LA years ago. She compared them to Panic at the Disco's later stuff. They'd probably know The Gambler or Walking the Dog from Aim and Ignite, though.
>Never heard of Jellyfish
Roger Joseph Manning Jr. has pretty much worked with every major Pop artist for the last 20 years since he left Jellyfish.
>>
>>121558071
I don't think you're right about this one but alright. I'm 27 qnd have heard Blue Jay Way,Strawberry Fields,and I am The Walrus. I remember them playing while we were away at camp aswell. The Beatles are remembered because ethey tried to keep up with the times unlike (let's say) The Dave Clark Five who even though they came first are relatively forgotten.
>>
>>121558071
>"Fun concert in LA years ago. She compared them to Panic at the Disco's later stuff. They'd probably know The Gambler or Walking the Dog from Aim and Ignite, though."

Does 4Chan really believe FUN is wildly culturally relevant or is this a form of larping? I genuinely cannot tell.
>>
>>121558106
>>121558118
Nah, I'm right. I literally just heard We Are Young at a middle school function the other day. For gym they play pump up music for the kids and that was one of the songs.
>>
>>121558126
You definetely aren't but I understand this makes you feel like you interact with the outside world even though you clearly don't so I'm going to let you have it I guess. Never met somebody irl who would genuinely not recognize Sgt.Peppers or Magical Mystery Tour.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.