[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Is it just me or did Ariel Pink just ripoff the John Maus' track Maniac for his recent song Nobody Wants the Good Life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8OGMr8Va9Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RFwaUvwDh8
>>
>Maus said that Rosenberg made contributions to some of his own songs, but was not credited "because neither of us care enough about any 'official' credit."
>>
>>121571689
I guess it makes sense then they'd have similar sounding songs. Idk if Ariel "helped" with this one, but it seems like he just got lazy and reused it.
>>
Isn't Archevil a bunch of old/unreleased shit?
>>
>>121571648
His whole career is based off ripping off things.
>Listen to music, ape sections you like and repeat.
>>
>>121571737
that's pretty much every band/musician in all existence
>>
>>121571730
You're right, they're unreleased songs from the mid-to-late 2000s. So John could've very well ripped off Ariel.
>>
File: Drugs.png (342 KB, 351x407)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>121571648
He sure did! Ariel Pink is a hack. I recommend listening to real music like Nic Sequeira, it will give you the big brains. Only weaklings listen to this Ariel Pink crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0Nu_WkfRQ
>>
>>121571648
>>121571689
I would really hesitate to say one "ripped off" the other during their couple of years of association. Maus' contribution is all over Loverboy even though I don't think he's credited, and if you listen to John Maus' early stuff before he really blew up he's clearly obsessed with Ariel's earliest self-released recordings. One informed the other and left a pretty lasting mark. (With his post-4AD spite music AP seems to be delving back into Mausian iciness from time to time while Maus' cited AP in his PhD lol.)

They're still friends as far as I'm aware but haven't really worked together. Around the time of Pom Pom I remember AP mentioning that he sent Maus some of the music but Maus was an total nostalgic and didn't seem to think much of the new music (at the time; I specifically remember a transcription of "White Freckles" in his PhD for some reason).
>>
>>121571648
It's called interpolation. They don't rip each-other off, they collaborate
>>
>>121571648
its not a recent song, its prolly ancient. if anything credits for early mau/pink material can be iffy. same as the law and prolly many others. and most ariel pink songs are based on stuff from his early 2000s recording binge

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.