[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GMAuHgzWMAAVc-y.jpg (146 KB, 1289x1255)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>"Fortnight (feat. Post Malone)" by Taylor Swift is now the fastest song in Spotify history to reach 100 million streams, doing so in less than 7 days.
reminder she has "no hits" according to some gay bongoloid
>>
>>121571785
popular =/= good
>>
never heard of it
>>
>>121571785
>post malone
into the trash it goes
>>
>>121571785
think the point was more that none of these streaming 'hits' stand the test of time in any way, they're brainlessly pumped to death then forgotten (and a wet fart of a song like this will be forgotten harder than most)
>>
If I'm not forced to hear it from my surroundings, it's not a hit
>>
>>121571785
Neil Tennant of PSB BTFO!
>>
>>121571785
>>121571884
She had hits circa 2009-2014. Ever since then, it feels like her music is only known by women and LGBT. No straight man would be able to recognize any of her newer songs other than saying "uh yeah that sounds like taylor swift".
>>
>>121571785
I just listened to the song and I wish I could have those four minutes back.
>>
>>121571816
>moving the goalposts
Good is subjective anyway
>>121571884
Seethe and cope. Fortnight is a big hit, like it or not.
>>
>>121571906
It sounds so fucking lifeless doesn't it? Not even in a powerful way, it's a lifeless interpretation of lifelessness.
>>
>>121571903
Retarded take. Taytay had a lot of hits since 2014. I'll mention just some of her last hits: Fortnight, Cruel Summer, Anti-Hero, Lavender Haze. Undeniable huge hits.
>No straight man would be able to recognize any of her newer songs
Speak on your behalf. I'm a straight man and I can recognize all of her hits. It's not rocket science unless you have dementia or you're tone deaf.
>>
>>121571947
>I'm a straight man

whatever you tell yourself honey
>>
>>121571929
>>121571906
Filtered by a subtle pop song. You = plebs.
>>
>>121571785
Fortnite lmao
>>
>>121571947
>I'll mention just some of her last hits: Fortnight, Cruel Summer, Anti-Hero, Lavender Haze. Undeniable huge hits.
I have literally never heard any one of the songs. They don't play in the club. They don't play on people's Spotify playlists at parties I go to. They are exclusively listened to by women and gay people sitting alone in their rooms crying over how "relatable" they are.

Now, an actual Taylor Swift hit was Shake It Off, or any of the songs off of that album she released in 2012. Those songs were genuinely inescapable and you heard them EVERYWHERE for years after they released. The newer albums? Not so much.
>>
>>121571953
>t. faggot
>>
>>121571977
>I have literally never heard any one of the songs
Are you bragging about your ignorance? Millions of people know and like these songs. You're simply out of touch, grandpa.
>>
>>121572015
I'm of the age that is the prime demographic to be fans of Taylor Swift (late 20s). I guarantee you I have never heard any of the songs you listed, nor would I be able to recognize them if I did hear them in public.

You really overestimate how popular she is among the general public.
>>
>>121571785
Hard carried by posty. If course this is the only song to go viral.
>>
>>121572015
She has her cult. It's a big cult, but outside of that bubble people dont care that much
>>
>>121572037
Anti-Hero was the 3rd most played song on the radio last year, Cruel Summer is literally her most streamed song and one of the biggest hits of the last few years, you're clearly lying, but why?
>>
>>121571785
taytay is not music raleted. taytay is celeb related like the kardashians and all that
>>
>>121572077
>Anti-Hero was the 3rd most played song on the radio last year
Who still listens to the radio? And even if I did, why would I listen to the chart pop stations that play Taylor Swift?

>Cruel Summer is literally her most streamed song and one of the biggest hits of the last few years
Most streamed by her fans. As >>121572060 says she has a HUGE fanbase, but if you aren't part of it, why would you ever hear her songs?

>you're clearly lying, but why?
Why is what I'm saying so unbelievable to you? Do you really think a male of my age should be exposed to Swift's music regularly? Most of her recent albums have been full of ballads, haven't they? Nobody is putting that shit on and dancing to it.

In all honesty, I think most men who DO know her songs probably only know it because their GF or sister or someone like that is always playing them.
>>
>>121572149
these are simply some of the biggest hits of the last few years, if you haven't heard them you're just out of touch, which is fine but don't pretend you aren't
>>
>>121572214
>these are simply some of the biggest hits of the last few years
In terms of numbers, sure. In terms of cultural impact, no.

There are songs that really are inescapable in recent years. Blinding Lights by the Weeknd for example. But Swift just does not make that sort of music anymore.
>>
File: 7583217.png (45 KB, 300x299)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>121571785
I know of one exception to the rule. It is whispered about in darkened corners, taken into account through the veil of the nocturnal widow-spinner. Tay Tay had better watch her back after this kick-slammin' hot sauce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0Nu_WkfRQ
>>
>>121572060
>She has her cult. It's a big cult, but outside of that bubble people dont care that much
yeah sure. does she have a cult of tens of millions of people or what? she had 6 sold out stadium shows in singapore, ffs. are those people members of her cult? how deep goes your delusion?
>>
File: 1.jpg (21 KB, 630x388)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>121572149
>>121572060
deflecting. you don't know who actually listen to these songs. stop pretending it's just her fan base. her music has universal appeal. so you average joe and jane could easily enjoy her music. this is not fucking autechre.
>>
>>121572446
>does she have a cult of tens of millions of people or what
evidently yes
>>
>>121572491
>evidently yes
you forgot millions of other casual listeners, even more than her core fan base. stay delusional.
>>
>>121572446
>she had 6 sold out stadium shows in singapore, ffs. are those people members of her cult?
Umm, probably, yes lol.

The world has a lot of people in it. It does not take as many people as you think to fill out a stadium. When Swift visits a city, there isn't some mad rush of the local public to go and see her. It's her fans (and scalpers) who buy the tickets.

>her music has universal appeal.
Not really. I'd be suspicious of any straight cisgender male who regularly listens to her tunes.
>>
>>121572505
>Umm, probably, yes lol.
delusional as fuck. she is a huge popstar and like any huge popstar she has lots of casual listeners.
>When Swift visits a city, there isn't some mad rush of the local public to go and see her. It's her fans (and scalpers) who buy the tickets.
wrong. regular people rush to buy her tickets too. the whole city is trying to make it a big event. e.g.
https://www.wfla.com/entertainment-news/town-renames-itself-swift-city-in-honor-of-taylor-swifts-eras-tour/
https://www.avclub.com/taylor-swift-cities-renaming-eras-tour-1850357956
https://www.billboard.com/lists/taylor-swift-eras-tour-cities-celebrating/
>Not really. I'd be suspicious of any straight cisgender male who regularly listens to her tunes.
because you're a close minded faggot. real men have no problem liking women and their art.
>>
>>121572548
>>121572548
>delusional as fuck. she is a huge popstar and like any huge popstar she has lots of casual listeners.
Yeah, they all do. Doesn't mean she has "universal appeal" or that literally EVERYBODY knows her songs, like you are implying.

>https://www.wfla.com/entertainment-news/town-renames-itself-swift-city-in-honor-of-taylor-swifts-eras-tour/
>https://www.avclub.com/taylor-swift-cities-renaming-eras-tour-1850357956
>https://www.billboard.com/lists/taylor-swift-eras-tour-cities-celebrating/
Politicians rename shit after famous celebrity because they know it will give them positive press from her cultish fanbase. No surprise here.

>because you're a close minded faggot. real men have no problem liking women and their art.
I listen to plenty of female artists. I like Lana Del Rey, or Fiona Apple, or Tori Amos. Me not caring for TS is not an indication of me having a disdain for women musicians generally. She just doesn't appeal to someone like me.
>>
>>121572243
I'll grant you that she may not have "inescapable" songs i.e. mega-hits like Blinding Lights but that doesn't mean she has "no hits" period, a little nuance please
>>
>>121572596
I'm taking the word "hit" in this instance to mean songs that pretty much anyone who goes outside would be able to recognize from sheer osmosis of hearing them so many times in public situations (eg. Bars, parties, stores, riding in people's cars).
>>
>>121572505
>When Swift visits a city, there isn't some mad rush of the local public to go and see her. It's her fans (and scalpers) who buy the tickets.
"An estimated 31 million people registered for the Toronto Verified Fan presale, equal to over 77 percent of Canada's population."
>>
>>121572638
that anon btfo with facts
>>
>>121572638
>"An estimated 31 million people registered for the Toronto Verified Fan presale, equal to over 77 percent of Canada's population."
...Do you think only people from Canada/Toronto were trying to buy tickets?
>>
>>121572638
imagine if taytay actually had so many canadian fans. she could be a politican.
>>
>>121572661
>...Do you think only people from Canada/Toronto were trying to buy tickets?
proof?
>>
>>121571785
That's not even a Post Malone hit. Sunflower is a Post Malone hit. Congratulations is a Post Malone hit. Rockstar is a Post Malone hit.

Ain't nobody heard that fortnite song.
>Spotify history
lol
>>
>>121572706
>Ain't nobody heard that fortnite song.
you = nobody
fortnight is a hit. deal with it, mofo.
>>
>>121572694
People travel from abroad to go to concerts.

In the case of Canada, it's even easier because it's right next door to largely populated areas of the US (where most of her fanbase is).

Scalpers from any part of the world will buy tickets to resell.

It's not 1970 anymore, people don't have to walk to a physical ticket office in the city itself to buy one.
>>
>>121572661
US: "Ahead of the second leg's presale on August 11, Ticketmaster estimated that 14 million users were vying for roughly 625,000 tickets."
Argentina: "Swift could fill the stadium 36 times if she wanted to"
Southeast Asia: "Around 22 million users registered for access to the 330,000 available tickets"
Europe: "the demand of the tour's European leg is something the company had not seen "since the Beatles""

man that's a big cult
>>
>>121572756
These numbers just make it all the more strange that you never hear her music in public.

Swift's fanbase is more akin to a very large religion eg. Islam or something. They have huge numbers and their own insular culture, but if you aren't part of their cliques, you won't know anything about what they're up to.
>>
File: 1648089356516.png (4 KB, 205x246)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>121572756
>IT'S NOT A CULT IF ENOUGH PEOPLE IMBIBE THE KOOLAID
>>
>>121572744
she did like 50+ shows in the US though, why would so many Americans go to Canada to see her?
>>
>>121572819
Because hardcore fans buy tickets to multiple shows?
Because some people missed out when she came to their own city?
There are plenty of reasons.
>>
>>121572774
>Swift's fanbase is more akin to a very large religion eg. Islam or something.
so she's a modern-day Jesus, got it
>>
>>121572839
Yes and much like Jesus, the majority of her followers are probably mentally ill.
>>
>>121572741
>>fortnight is a hit
nope
I can go in a club right now and nobody will have heard it. I can walk in a mall right now and nobody will have heard it.

https://litefm.iheart.com/music/top-songs/
this is the biggest radio station in the country
fortnight is not in the playlist
nowhere to be seen
>>
File: 1422056722.jpg (202 KB, 1024x1024)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>121572681
>she could be a politican.
bro, Taytay/AOC 2028 is 100% happening
>>
>>121572756
Cult? No numbers have been released from her tours. No tickets sold, nothing.
They've only released one figure, claiming to make a billion.
>>
>>121572872
Anti-Hero 3rd most played song on the radio last year
>>
>>121572877
>Taylor shills are also AI slop spammers
Of course lmao
>>
reminder to the brainlets itt that "hit" simply means "successful song"
>>
Taylor swift is exactly like the Beatles, one actual song that will ever be remembered -Eleanor rigby / shake it off and then otherwise entirely just selling an image like a fashion accessory.
>>
>>121571785
>streams
they've got to do something about this nonsense metric.
it is no way comparable to old-school sales.

NO ONE EVER had more than 2 songs in the Top 10 before digital.
And even that was super-rare.

Canada's Top Songs:
1. Taylor Swift
2. Taylor Swift
3. Taylor Swift
4. Taylor Swift
5. Taylor Swift
6. Taylor Swift
7. Taylor Swift
8. Taylor Swift
9. Taylor Swift
10. Drake

this is fucking stupidknhg
>>
>>121573134
>NOOOOOO THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW THAN WHEN I WAS YOUNG
kys
>>
>>121573195

I can spend 1 million to buy fake listens, back in the day you could only buy so many copies of your own record.
It’s vastly easier to buy the charts now hence somebody who makes 1 billion a year touring can easily buy out the charts as they easily make that back from touring.
Also it’s the rational thing to do, it’s the best return for investment she can make buying the charts. She is clearly going to do this.
>>
>>121573335
no one is "buying the charts" dumbass, let me guess you think the moon landing was a hoax?
>>
>>121573874
>no one is "buying the charts" dumbass
It's INCREDIBLY easy to do it with streaming.
Huge record labels would definitely utilize bot farms to artificially inflate the popularity of the music they publish.
>>
>>121573874

Haha imagine not knowing this.
Go google buying YouTube views or buying any type of view or like on any social media for that matter.
The record labels 100% brought their own records to boost sales back in the day, every single celebrity has fake followers and likes on Insta which is so easy to check and see for yourself.
Companies pay money for advertising.
Those top 100 song charts always were and always will be nothing but marketing.
>>
>>121573891
>>121574034
and of course you have zero proof of this, right? also explain how Spotify's business model works with these "bot farms"
>>
>>121574072

People with billions pay money to be at the top of charts, both sides have middle men to make it work.
If it’s just views they will use bot farms, Spotify will see that but won’t ban, it makes Spotify look popular.
Taylor swift herself will have zero involvement, her management will handle all that, that’s the managers job to keep her popular and selling out concerts and make sure money coming in higher than going out.
>>
>>121573874
>let me guess you think the moon landing was a hoax?
appealing to absurdity just makes you look desperate. botted streams and industry plants aren't even outlandish
>>
forgot to mention, haven't really heard an inescapable Taylor hit since Trouble or Shake It Off, whichever was more recent.
>>
>>121574124

Also there are countless interviews online from smaller bands saying record labels put a debt day $20k against them to pay for YouTube views etc, then the band has to pay all that off before they earn a cent themselves.
>>
>>121574160

Like why the fuck would anyone sign to a record label otherwise? The record label invests money to make people see you. Buying top spot on a chart is doing exactly what they are expected to do. They invest money to get people into the public view.
>>
>>121574124
still no proof and I still don't understand how Spotify would make money from bot farms
>>
>>121571785
One industry plant with a rich dad and another make a song
Neither can sing
>>
>>121571947
Idk i just have never heard of any of those i know the romeo take me somewhere we can be alone song
>>
>>121574307

If Taylor swifts album flops Spotify won’t sell much, if it does good they will, not to mention higher web traffic makes them more popular and more people will join them. Also more traffic to sell users data etc.
They will benefit a ton from it.
>>
Swifties’ love of Taylor is ruining their lives
>>
>>121574518
I love how so many people say "I only know x" and x is always a different song/songs, you can actually tell when these anons started losing touch with pop culture
>>
>>121574518
>>121575107
BABY
JUST
SAYYYYY
https://youtu.be/8xg3vE8Ie_E?si=8oAj3_oXjB2phy7g
>>
>>121575107
>losing touch with pop culture
You mean, the point when they stopped using Taylor Swift or whatever flavor of the week for cheap (You)s and decided to be an adult and earn their attention through hard work.
>>
>>121571785
Of course it’s the worst fucking song on the album. It always is. She always promotes her worst sounding songs first and it’s so frustrating. The only exceptions to this in her entire career are on Folklore and Evermore, because Cardigan and Willow actually are great songs.
>>121571874
Exactly. Can’t fucking stand him. Every time a song of his is on the radio I instantly turn it off. He sounds like every other garbage SoundCloud mumble rapper except for some reason he’s more mainstream approved.
>>
>>121572800
Cuz you gotta taste, oh
Drank the koolaid by the juuuuug~
>>
>>121576017
This era is gigantically overrated. She didn’t start becoming listenable until Speak Now and she didn’t start becoming good until Red. Fuck you yeehaw nostalgiafags.
>>
>Fortnight is #1
In the end you guys have shit taste too…
https://strawpoll.com/NoZr3ax0Xy3/
>>
>>121577282
people agree with you though, her first albums are the least popular/streamed, she has a xmas EP from 2007 with like 0 streams
>>
File: 1686891547496189.webm (3.89 MB, 1920x1080)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB WEBM
Very forgettable song, not even in the top 10 on the Anthology
At least Post Malone's voice complements Taylor's well, unlike that dumpster fire release with Ice Spice
Music video was neat though. Cool set, VFX and editing
>>
>>121577726
Post Malone automatically makes a song worse no matter who he’s doing it with.
>>
File: 1696199437191268.jpg (711 KB, 3492x1696)
711 KB
711 KB JPG
>>121573134
nah bro this is totally fine and surely means every single person in the country has listened to taylor swift's new 31 song 2 hour long album and love it
>>
>>121573134
seethe and cope. taylor is once in a lifetime artist. she is dominating the charts as it should.
>>
>>121571785
>swifties artificially boosting the numbers
>plus she's paying for being heavily promoted on every Spotify playlist
riiight
>>
>>121571893
/thread
while Midnights had several hits and songs were catchy I've seen a fragment of a song from this new album and it's not it, lyrical cesspool
>>
>>121571785
There's no merit in tay tay's streams, they're inflated by his brainless following, it's the blandest, most unoriginal shit i've heard since the last time i heard her.
>>
>>121582609
>>121585134
be careful with the copium guys, Taylor's here to stay
>>
It could have 1 trillion streams and I wouldn't say that she deserves the level of shilling she gets here

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.